2 Rings!

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Found these yesterday (Saturday). I wish the pictures were better but they will have to do until I can get a better camera. The top one is 10k with heart shaped sapphire and the lower one is 14k with 5 diamonds! I decided on Saturday I was just going to do playgrounds at the parks. I found these at the 2nd or 3rd one I stopped at. They were both in the sand next to the swings. Besides these, I found a little over $5.00 in clad. Went out today to 2 parks and found another $6.47 in clad. HH.

Attachments

• 2Rings10ktSaph14ktDiam.jpg
    2Rings10ktSaph14ktDiam.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 763
Upvote 0
OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Re: 2 Rings! Update!

Ok, I was slow getting around to it but I finally took the bottom ring in the picture above to have it looked at today and... all 5 stones tested positive with a diamond tester. He said it was a nice ring and that it would probably retail for $500 - $600 (definately qualifies as my best find to date). That gives me a new goal to shoot for - a nicer more expensive ring. HH.

G

Gold_Hunter

Hi Nedigger,

Great achievements!

Since I am new to Garrett GTI 2500 with EagleEye Pinpointing, what settings do you prefer for golden coins??? What about golden jewelry???

Your help will be highly appreciated!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds!!! WTG

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent rings! I have yet to find my first gold ring, have found three silver rings though. I have to start digging more ring/nickel/pulltab signals (kicking myself)! Way to go!!!

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Gold_Hunter: Although I haven't found a gold coin yet I prefer the "jewelry" mode for hunting. It allows everything from foil and up on the scale while discriminating everything below. For the record, I still dig a lot of trash but as you can see it pays to do so.

Update: My boss expressed interest in the ring for his wife, so I took it in for a written appraisal and will be picking it up Monday. Will try to post the results next week. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
I picked up the ring today and the appraisal and ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think the first guy I took it to may have thought I wanted to sell it and gave me a lowball estimate of it's value.
Well, here is the pertinent part of the appraisal:

Attachments

• RingAppraisal0002.jpg
    RingAppraisal0002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 310

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!

find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Nedigger that is some sweet diamond hunting there. Congratulations and may the earths bountys be yours. HH

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Thats pretty cool that you found two rings. the only rings i ever find are at the end of my detector. Haha, good job, Brad

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
cableman79 said:
Holy diamond ring batman! SWEET!

How much did you pay for the appraisal?

After checking around and getting quotes from $35 - $60, I took it to the place that charged $35. This is the first time I have had anything appraised and wasn't quite sure what to expect for my money or if paying more would be worth the extra cash, but I'm very satisfied with the results.

Thanks everyone. This is without a doubt my best find to date...I can't wait to top it! Good luck to all and HH.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG !!! That is so cool, WTG I can't wait till I find my valuable ring.

HH!!

Attachments

• money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 202
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 136
  • money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 145
  • cool.jpg