Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad they all suck. :-\ So when is the last time you dug 18 coppers and had most of the day remaining to hunt, but left the site? ;D This would have been one heck of a post if two things would have been different. The first is the condition, and the second is if our site wasn't a dump area for modern trash. The place is freakin loaded with coins but it's such a pain to deal with the trash, and add in how toast they are and it's close to not even being worth it. If this site had been our typical farm field with no modern trash I know for certain I would be posting 40+ large coppers. It started out finding a couple of strays but couldn't locate the site, and I actually gave the 5 minute warning! Right after doing so I hit a coin, then we went higher in the field and I dug 5 more in about ten minutes. That was just outside the main site and easy to pick them, but that changed when dealing with the concentration (Iron and modern trash). It was still lots of fun and I have to go back to 2002 for a day that I dug more coppers. Had we stayed I'm pretty sure I would have hit 29 to beat my highest total but we just weren't into it.

PS.... When you go on a hunt with someone named "Lucky Lee" and he has an idea for an old tavern site.... YOU GO!!! :laughing7:

Attachments

• 20d1.jpg
    20d1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 20d2.jpg
    20d2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,664
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
KylePA said:
You found 20 large coppers in one day and you don't even care. I don't want to hear that you are still having an average year, because that is not average here in the USA.

Well stated, brother. :icon_thumleft: In the US of A, if one digs 20 coppers in one day, you are on top of your game. In Canada, I'd rather a soap opera than 20 coppers. :icon_scratch: ;D

Very confusing. Don in SJ is probably thinking the same thing. :icon_scratch:

Kirk

Every place is different dude and I already have a decent example of each I found so there's not much to be excited about when they go in coin junk box. Remember I have been doing this steady for ten years now, and once you reach that point a few smoked coppers might not have you fired up either. As I said above (I think) my fun was the rush of seeing them start to fly out of the ground. Getting home to see they're all toast, not too thrilling.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:
KylePA said:
You found 20 large coppers in one day and you don't even care. I don't want to hear that you are still having an average year, because that is not average here in the USA.

Well stated, brother. :icon_thumleft: In the US of A, if one digs 20 coppers in one day, you are on top of your game. In Canada, I'd rather a soap opera than 20 coppers. :icon_scratch: ;D

Kirk

Every place is different dude and I already have a decent example of each I found so there's not much to be excited about when they go in coin junk box. Remember I have been doing this steady for ten years now, and once you reach that point a few smoked coppers might not have you fired up either. As I said above (I think) my fun was the rush of seeing them start to fly out of the ground. Getting home to see they're all toast, not too thrilling.

In my collection, there is no such thing as a coin junk box. All of my coins and relics are cherished. ;D Even my toast coppers give me a rush looking at them. I still remember the thrill of digging them out of the PA soil. :headbang:

Kirk

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow and i thought my 5 copper day was sweet.you'll get some good ones from that site i'm sure. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:
KylePA said:

Kirk

In my collection, there is no such thing as a coin junk box. All of my coins and relics are cherished. ;D Even my toast coppers give me a rush looking at them. I still remember the thrill of digging them out of the PA soil. :headbang:

Kirk

Also.... I don't shake when I find a $30 2 reale! ;D

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
you'll have to give me a better heads up when Lucky Lee (Joachim Phoenix :laughing7:) shows up, I would have liked to help you guys clean up that spot, although our day will come!

20 is still a really good day for coppers, it's too bad the condition was hurting; but I'm glad you didn't get any of the great and rare ones, thanks for leaving them for me to find :D

also, I'm sure glad D'ville ain't like everywhere else, being limited to only a few coppers per hunt would surely make me consider hanging up the old Explorer..................NOT! :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:
you'll have to give me a better heads up when Lucky Lee (Joachim Phoenix :laughing7:) shows up, I would have liked to help you guys clean up that spot, although our day will come!

20 is still a really good day for coppers, it's too bad the condition was hurting; but I'm glad you didn't get any of the great and rare ones, thanks for leaving them for me to find :D

also, I'm sure glad D'ville ain't like everywhere else, being limited to only a few coppers per hunt would surely make me consider hanging up the old Explorer..................NOT! :laughing9:

You got the heads up when I did.... didn't know he was home, and got a call from the Cladman saying LL wanted to hunt the next day. Of course Claddy had a sore shoulder. ::)

Joachim Phoenix is so the truth, if you could have only seen him!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I told him that I think he agreed. :laughing9: He dug a marked part from a pair of old clippers and I said it was a sign to lose the beard. It was a NY maker on the part so don't know if that also implied a vacation South.

Mar 19, 2003
Summerfield Fla.
Detector(s) used
XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well IP ya never cease to stop it :laughing7:,ya done great again and I dont care if there toast or buttered but I hear you on the -if each were a 20$ bill- :laughing7:
I wish I could get there to dig with ya but man Im even farther away now :dontknow:
Im glad to see ya dig all them coppers tho and always hope ya post another sweet button or coin :thumbsup:
Hey on a short note Don has a new additon to the family :hello2: :hello2: :headbang:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
If the 20 coppers you found in a day sucks then the 3 I found all year BLOWS AS*. ;D
Good job I.P. I would have been happier than you my good man.
Chris

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Hey on a short note Don has a new additon to the family :hello2: :hello2: :headbang:

Don't tell me another of his CT coppers had triplets. ;D

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, what the heck is this? just how the heck does someone find 20 coppers in one day, thats just too discusting to even ponder, I now hate you..... :thumbsup: just kidding dude, congrats.
Pro-

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
If the 20 coppers you found in a day sucks then the 3 I found all year BLOWS AS*. ;D
Good job I.P. I would have been happier than you my good man.
Chris

Sucks was describing the condition.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Well IP you at least you had the thrill of bringing home 20 coppers. Some I am sure you could of figured out that they were toast in the field. But I am sure others had to wait to get home. So at least you had a little while for some bit of excitement. Either way nice job and you always have next time to look forward to.

Bubba65

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea ,I am pretty sure you will be back there even with all the trash! Awesome coin day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread