Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad they all suck. :-\ So when is the last time you dug 18 coppers and had most of the day remaining to hunt, but left the site? ;D This would have been one heck of a post if two things would have been different. The first is the condition, and the second is if our site wasn't a dump area for modern trash. The place is freakin loaded with coins but it's such a pain to deal with the trash, and add in how toast they are and it's close to not even being worth it. If this site had been our typical farm field with no modern trash I know for certain I would be posting 40+ large coppers. It started out finding a couple of strays but couldn't locate the site, and I actually gave the 5 minute warning! Right after doing so I hit a coin, then we went higher in the field and I dug 5 more in about ten minutes. That was just outside the main site and easy to pick them, but that changed when dealing with the concentration (Iron and modern trash). It was still lots of fun and I have to go back to 2002 for a day that I dug more coppers. Had we stayed I'm pretty sure I would have hit 29 to beat my highest total but we just weren't into it.

PS.... When you go on a hunt with someone named "Lucky Lee" and he has an idea for an old tavern site.... YOU GO!!! :laughing7:

Attachments

• 20d1.jpg
    20d1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 20d2.jpg
    20d2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,664
Upvote 0

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Great Job :thumbsup:
Out here in ILL, a 20 copper year would be close to unheard of. We're doing great if we get 1 or 2 a year.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed this since my computer had been acting up... I wouldn't mind another day like that...sweet day out... what is that bottom right piece... seen one in my pile today...

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Missed this since my computer had been acting up... I wouldn't mind another day like that...sweet day out... what is that bottom right piece... seen one in my pile today...

Part of a musket trigger guard. It was the first thing I found in the field and was just enough to keep sniffing around.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20 in a day! Nice one. Must hurt a bit to be digging modern trash, your keeper is there, just going to take work.
The grass is crazy high this year, over here.
You get out late August? Might be down in NS.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj said:
20 in a day! Nice one. Must hurt a bit to be digging modern trash, your keeper is there, just going to take work.

I'll be around. If you cross the bridge over this way let me know and Ironhorse and I will probably be able to come up with a field to hunt! :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

I'll be around. If you cross the bridge over this way let me know and Ironhorse and I will probably be able to come up with a field to hunt! :thumbsup:

1000 miles to go to a Birthday party, lol. So what's a couple hundred more, to hunt. :icon_thumright:
I'll Pm you when the date get's closer.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

1000 miles to go to a Birthday party, lol. So what's a couple hundred more, to hunt. :icon_thumright:

Yeah what the hell! :thumbsup: I might even autograph your explorer! ;D

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

It's starting to dig older now. Lol You can sign it, if the coil falls over a keeper. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

It's starting to dig older now. Lol You can sign it, if the coil falls over a keeper. :laughing9:

I guess it will be you signing my coil then. :wink:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

YOU SEEM TO PLAY THE GRACIUOS HOST WELL AND LET THE VISITOR CLEAN UP. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

YOU SEEM TO PLAY THE GRACIUOS HOST WELL AND LET THE VISITOR CLEAN UP. :laughing7:

Well those days are over! I swing and dig faster now! :thumbsup: Well not really.... but I dig lots of targets and keep my fingers crossed.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

Well those days are over! I swing and dig faster now! :thumbsup: Well not really.... but I dig lots of targets and keep my fingers crossed.

Fresh blood on the fields, might bring luck to the coil. :icon_thumright:

boondocker

Aug 22, 2009
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
impressive to say the least, to bad the condition of the coins sucks, I'm still looking for a good copper with details you can see without a loop and a date you can read. still looks like a good time had by all Dean :headbang:

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found more gold coins than large cents, Good job! Kane 23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread