20 Silver Dollars found Today...I am still shaking...What a Great Day

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 1

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: 30 Silver Dollars found Today...I am still shaking...What a Great Day

Nice find for sure! Congrats!

It's a very unusual find, and no offense meant by this, but the sad thing is it was probably some elderly person that didn't realize they were loading up the dollar rolls with Morgan silver dollars. And if they bothered to roll up those coins to begin with they probably could have used the money they could have gotten for what those coins are really worth. Maybe the bank teller would know who brought those in.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

Out-freakin-reageous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang: Doom on the thumbs downers , Haters gonna Hate. Happy holidays to you and yours :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!! WTG!!!!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

(Breath deep and slow)

This is a BANNER Find if I ever saw one! (I hope the mods agree)
It'll look real nice up there.

HH Joe

rebeljim52

Sep 20, 2009
Silverstreet SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 and used XLT E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Harley

Oct 5, 2004
Palm Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280X,Fisher F-2, Minelab Safari

Pinch me, did I just see what I just saw???? Unbelievable. Lucky You, now go out and do it again.
Regards,
Steve
Merry Christmas to all my fellow detectors.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i would looking back as i left the bank wondering if an employee was going to set off the alarm after you robbed them. good job.

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureFiend said:
AWESOME job buddy!!!! I could tell you were very excited when you called me!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Thanks Buddy.......You know how it is...When something this unusual happens to you...You have to share it with friends..

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

p2c said:
Awesome Awesome find :icon_thumright:

Just double checking, You are saying those 40% Ikes are S mintmark? B/C all Ikes ever intended for circulation were clad, the San Fransisco minted proof and mint uncirculated set which were 40%, but P and D were always clad.

In one afternoon, that just beats out about the best year possible with silver metal detecting...
You are absolutly right...In my excitement.As I was making the video .I opened my 2009 Red Book up to the Ike Dollars & misread the text,thinking ALL 71-76 Ike's were 40% silver...After reading your post & another post below ..I examined all the Ike dollrs...Not one s mint mark...So I re-did the title & description to correct my mistake...I am sorry all..I have stopped shaking,and am now able to think more clearly..

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

halfdime said:
You better check those Ikes again; the only silvers are 71-74S and some of the 76S. That's only a small distinction; the find I'll nominate for Banner is the collection of Peace and Morgan dollars!
You are absolutly right (halfdime)...In my excitement.As I was making the video .I opened my 2009 Red Book up to the Ike Dollars & misread the text,thinking ALL 71-76 Ike's were 40% silver...After reading your post,and another post like yours above ..I re-examined all the Ike dollrs...Not one s mint mark...So I re-did the title & description to correct my mistake...I am sorry all..I have stopped shaking,and am now able to think more clearly..

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
HOLAY !!!!!! what a rush!!! good for you!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Santa came early for you!!!...congrats on a great haul......wish we coud all have it so good.....keep it up :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigbcbear said:
That is one nice Christmas present . Keep up the the good work . :headbang:
Thanks (bigbcbear)...Yes..This will be a memorable Christmas
spitfire55 said:
:notworthy: You The Man!! :notworthy:
Thanks for looking & commenting (spitfire55)
SkyPirate said:
Calm down buddy. Great finds! :icon_thumleft:
L.O.L. I am calm NOW...LOL..Thanks for commenting (SkyPirate)
stagger said:
Absolutely amazing. You must be living right. :icon_thumright: :headbang: :icon_thumright:
I don't know about that..LOL.. But I don't think I need to try any more C.R.H.....till I get my heart checked out...L.O.L...Thanks for Looking (stagger)
steelheadwill said:
Nice Score!
I'm stopping at every bank I pass today! :thumbsup:
(steelheadwill) Funny thing is..I had made my mind up..If I didn't get anything from that last bank..I wasn't even going to order any halfs to C.R.H. this winter...& now that I made this score..I still doubt if I will order any boxes..But I gave the teller my name...Maybe I'll get Lucky again ?...Not if that teller sees this video...L.O.L.
desertfox said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yep, you have my thumbs up!

Congrats.
Thank You (desertfox)
NaturalJWL said:
Great find on those Morgans and Peace Dollars !!!

Kinda addicted to Morgans myself.

Ike's, unless s - mint are nickle-copper clad. "A few 1974d and 1977d silver clad were made in error."

Had to pull the book out for that, just to make sure.

Congrats on a fantastic find !!! :notworthy:
You & two others were right (NaturalJWL)...I just re-wrote the description & title to reflect that I actually found 20 Silver Dollars Not 30..Thanks again for your imput.
mobile miner said:
Beats me how any honest man could take advantage of one of the big banks like that. Bet you had to cross your legs to stay dry during that transaction. Go back and get`em again. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
I had to pull the car over twice on the way home..I was affraid I was going to cause an accident ,because I kept thinking about what I had in my pockets (After leaving the bank..I pulled some out of one pocket & seen I had a Peace dollar & 2 morgans ..I was shaking)..All I could do was wonder how many silver dollars I had in my pockets...But I promised myself ,I would not look at them again till I got home...I called two friends on the way home..To tell them what happened...& both times I pulled over..I struggled with that promise...But waited till I got home before I took them out to look at them...Whew...I started shaking again just thinking about it.
Thanks for looking & commenting (mobile miner)
Broken knee said:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
Thanks for looking (Broken Knee)
Toby1858 said:
Man your lucky!! :icon_thumright:
Thanks for Commenting (Toby1858)
Piercesdad said:
For those of you who think it that simple, go check out the coin roll hunting section
see how many people are there daily. How many are buying tens of thousands of dollars of boxes of coins per week and only finding a few ounces o silver.

He got lucky!!!
You are soo right (Piercesdad)..I was not excpecting anything but maybe one collectable out of 31 if I got Lucky...But looking at the edges as the teller showed them to me..I got VERY excited...Then in the lot on the way to my car..I pulled some out ...Seen I had a Peace dollar & two morgans...I put them back in my pocket ,promised myself I wouldn't look till I got home...And had the shakes for the next six-seven hours...VERY Unexpected,and Rare finds..That's why I made the video as soon as I got home...I don't think I will C.R.H. for the rest of this winter..That is unless that teller calls me & says she has more.Yes, I got VERY LUCKY
jcooking said:
Awesome scores Dave! :thumbsup:
Thanks (jcooking)
crazyjarhead said:
I will give you a big thumbs up :thumbsup: That is just awesome. Don't have a heart attack :hello2: :headbang:
L.O.L...Thanks (crazyjarhead)..I have calmed down a bit now..
KOOTNEY KID said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... :icon_thumleft:............K.KID.
Thanks for commenting (KOOTNEY KID)
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Wow...that is amazing!!!..I saw your post on the CRH part..I couldnt even imagine that feeling...So much Siver without digging holes :thumbsup:
Thanks (Diggin-N-Dumps)
SGVALLEYMAN said:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Fantastic !!
Congratulations
Thank You (SGVALLEYMAN)
ggossage said:
WAY-TO-GO!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks (ggossage)
Erik in NJ said:
Nice find for sure! Congrats!

It's a very unusual find, and no offense meant by this, but the sad thing is it was probably some elderly person that didn't realize they were loading up the dollar rolls with Morgan silver dollars. And if they bothered to roll up those coins to begin with they probably could have used the money they could have gotten for what those coins are really worth. Maybe the bank teller would know who brought those in.
I left my name & number with the teller
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
Outstanding!!!
Thank You
Woodland Detector Sales said:
What a score!
Congratulations on the banner.....well, future banner :wink:
Thanks for watching (Woodland Detector Sales)
acevillav said:
Out-freakin-reageous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang: Doom on the thumbs downers , Haters gonna Hate. Happy holidays to you and yours :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v
Thank You (Acevillav)
Saabman said:
WOW!!! AMAZING!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!! WTG!!!!
Thanks for commenting (Saabman)
DrJoePrime said:
Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

(Breath deep and slow)

This is a BANNER Find if I ever saw one! (I hope the mods agree)
It'll look real nice up there.

HH Joe
Thanks for that kind comment Joe
rebeljim52 said:
Great finds. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Thank You Jim
Harley said:
Pinch me, did I just see what I just saw???? Unbelievable. Lucky You, now go out and do it again.
Regards,
Steve
Merry Christmas to all my fellow detectors.
Thank You Steve
marinedad said:
i would looking back as i left the bank wondering if an employee was going to set off the alarm after you robbed them. good job.
LOL...Thanks for watching & commenting Marinedad

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had to come back and watch again!!!! :tongue3:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
frigging sweet!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions