Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Fool me once, shame on you.... fool me twice shame on me.

I'll be around late Friday throughout Saturday into Sunday morning. I'm not interested in "leading any teams" anywhere based on what evidence (or lack thereof) you've presented. If enough of my friends from the Rendezvous are interested in accompanying you, they might be able to pursuade me to go along with - who knows.

For what it's worth, trying to organize 5 teams of people to go to 5 different spots to gather information or "isolate" locations for you (I'm not sure what that means?), then go down into a mine shaft and collect more information followed by returning to check out a potential "ball court" all in one day sounds as though everything is within a mile or so of the Peralta Trailhead.

When you originally said "expedition," I assumed you meant you needed several days to a week or more to get all the loads of equipment you planned to bring to your base camp and thoroughly explore your site.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Paul,

You might want to keep in mind the information that I personally found while doing a search on the Internet. Using blindbowman, I found bb posting on Yahooka.com and bragging about how he was making fools out of all of us on TreasureNet. Others here also saw his posts on that site.

Since my old friend "critter" from the LDM Forum also was a regular poster on Yahooka, I would assume that is how bb found this site originally, although it's possible he found us by accident, just as he claims. The site is dedicated to potheads, and critter, as well as bb, were held in high regard.....so to speak. :D

For those of us who have kept track of his ramblings here, there is no reason to trust anything he tells us. Now he might find this post insulting, but he knows every word is "fact". Anytime a man makes a public statement that he is going to make fools out of a group of people, they should take his word that he will make the effort.

Those who expect to walk into the mountains on one of bb's five expeditions, should come prepared for the same results that you had. :help:

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe, I hope all BB's time and effort is rewarded with him finding SOMETHING out there, however I've told him privately why I'm not going to get involved with anything to do with his "expeditions."

If he can convince Randy, Wayne, Somehiker, Jack, Ken, Jesse, etc... to spend a day following him around out there, I might follow along just for curiosity sake, but I'm not taking any "lead role" in anything to do with it.

I was honestly curious if what he saw in 1979 was tied in to what he believes now, or if his theories/interpretations have changed much over time. I "think" his answer is that they haven't changed much.

It should be a good get together out there again this year - who knows, maybe BB did come across the LDM - I wouldn't bet my money on it, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Then again, maybe Tazz is just "pulling another one" on all of us :wink:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman wrote
i would also like william johnson and roy and beth there if they wish to help .. and yes joe if he would like to be part of the efferts .....

As you are going to have the lecture at 8:30 and departure time of 9 AM, it is not likely that I will be able to make it. I intend to take advantage of the campfire discussions which (judging by my only attendance of course) can run into the wee hours of the night, which pretty much guarantees that I won't be able to get up at an early hour in the morning. If I can roll out of the bedroll in time to see the lecture I will, but am not likely to be up to rock-climbing after only a few hours of sleep. I don't want to make any promises I know to be extremely unlikely I can keep. :-\

I read some of the stuff on Yahooka but think you have to join the site now to do so, that name gets me giggling as it is SO evocative of the sound emitted by a person smoking that stuff who happened to inhale it wrong! :laughing9: :laughing7: It is pretty clear that our friend Blindbowman has been gaming us but who knows what he saw or found? Was it a beer can or a piece of natural mica or a lost Peralta mine? I would like to know but don't need to climb a rock face to find out, a simple ore specimen comparison, perhaps even done from good quality photographs (much enlarged) by a geologist or assayer would settle the question for me. If Blindbowman does make the trip and returns to his site(s) I hope those ore specimens will be brought out and a comparison done. It is quite possible that a person will be at the rendezvous whom is fully qualified to make that comparison too. Just a thought.

The ore from beneath Waltz's death bed has been dismissed by some as a collection from 50 different sources, which I can neither confirm nor dispute; however the matchbox ore and cufflinks alone are a confirmation that an unknown source for the ore which has never been found. That, with Waltz telling his friends that the mine is in the Superstitions is enough to convince me that there is a mine up there somewhere, which has ore that will match the ore used to make that famous match box. The source for the "50 different sources" statement is a person who never saw what was in that box, so I am unsure how much weight to give it, but as we do not have all of the ore from the box it is impossible to say at this point but that matchbox still exists. If BB comes out with matching ore, I will be more than happy to congratulate him for having solved the mystery, mind games notwithstanding.

Oroblanco <confirmed night owl>

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you never learn do ya ..

i wont be givening a speach or lecture ..

no teams . no sites , no need to show up at all ... i can wait as long as it takes ...

good luck ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman wrote
you never learn do ya ..

no teams . no sites , no need to show up at all ... i can wait as long as it takes ...

good luck .

So you are not going to show up at the rendezvous, after all your preparations? As for my "never learning" well I have never been accused of being a fast learner but your decision not to attend will guarantee you will miss the chance to meet some really great people, and those chances are not going to be coming forever so it is your loss really.

I can live without knowing whether you really found the LDM, been living quite some time without knowing where it is located so that isn't going to bother me. Apparently you are not interested in meeting people like Tom K or Bob C or perhaps you think you may not be able to convince them of what you claim? As you are not going, you will never know.

I am very much not a 'people person' and ordinarily would avoid any large gathering of people if possible, but these are not your ordinary folks they are real Dutch hunters with many decades of experience exploring the Superstition mountains, I would not miss the chance to meet them if I could help it. The stories and information that passes around the campfires is pure gold. To you however, perhaps these real Dutch hunters are "posers" and you have no interest in meeting them so it won't matter to you.

Good luck and good hunting Blindbowman and everyone reading this, I guess I won't be seeing you (BB) at the rendezvous but look forward to seeing as many folks who do manage to attend.

Oroblanco

:coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LADIES GENTLEMEN: I have just spent a few hrs out of idle curiosity on the site that 'Jose de la Cholla' posted as being one of BB's favorites. sheesh.

----------------------5th----------------- ! ! !

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oro, Once up at Tayopa with a pair of binoculars, I saw 7 bars of gold in a "V" formation, flush with the dirt.. They were on an inaccessible ledge below me, about 300 meters from me.. I looked at them for three days for verification before going back down for some equipment.

It rained heavily for a few days, so I was unable to return quickly, and when I did, they were no longer visible?

Did the rain wash fresh dirt around them covering them up again, or did a sharp eyed Indian spot them and get them??.

I spent three days looking at them, in the morning, midday, and at the setting sun. They never changed color, form, or reflected a gold color into the sky. These were large 45 kilo bars. I tried to take a picture of them by holding my camera to the eye piece of the binoculars, hoping to get an approximate alignment with the ocular system. sigh.

Unfortunately , all I got was seven blobs of gold in the "V" formation. I have them here somewhere, if I can find it I will post it.

Now I have seen colored golden flashes of reflected sunlight from Golden colored aluminum cans, in fact the illegals used them for reflector signals for a pickup. However the Gold bars did not reflect any light that could be seen for thousands of feet. They were not polished enough nor is native Au.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

Attachments

• 7 bars.jpg
    7 bars.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 696

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blindbowman said:
you never learn do ya ..

good luck ...

As usualy, I'm confused... you've told us forever that you have nothing to prove to any of us and that your expedition 5 with the team you've already assembled is only out to convince yourself that you are correct as to your theories.

You seem to think that we're all sitting here on pins and needles anxiously waiting for you to convince us that you've found the LDM, Montezuma's tomb, Tayopa, and the holy relics from Jesus Christ's crucifiction when that's simply not the case. You're completely welcome to attend the Rendezvous, but go into it with eyes wide open and realize that you may have a very very few folks willing and interested in spending a day following you around in the mountains.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr. Manchado,

I hope you got to note the location where the v formation of gold bars was pointing to.

They may very well still be there, lightly covered, solo Dios?

Homar P. Olivarez

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Corozon del Oro, you posted -->hope you got to note the location where the v formation of gold bars was pointing to.

You cottin pickin right I know 'exactly' where they are / were the last time that I saw them my friend. And they are on my list with the new associates.

Don Jose de La Mancha

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008

Loke said:
@cubbie,
Ohhh man - that one will be a hard one to live up to - what happened to the deductive/logical skill and his super-duper computer that even HP is interested in - and its all from a plane-window!! (never mind that he never deigned to answer me when I questioned what kind of system/programming-language he was using ...)
Yeah - I doubt very much that the subject in question will be there - will be some last-minute ditch that stops him (like a choked-up toilet) ... and let's not forget, he's not of this world ...

Well you know, him being a time traveling
shapeshifting shaman, who is also
the brother of Jesus,
I would guess his schedule is
subject to change without notice.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pronghorn said:
Loke said:
@cubbie,
Ohhh man - that one will be a hard one to live up to - what happened to the deductive/logical skill and his super-duper computer that even HP is interested in - and its all from a plane-window!! (never mind that he never deigned to answer me when I questioned what kind of system/programming-language he was using ...)
Yeah - I doubt very much that the subject in question will be there - will be some last-minute ditch that stops him (like a choked-up toilet) ... and let's not forget, he's not of this world ...

Well you know, him being a time traveling
shapeshifting shaman, who is also
the brother of Jesus,
I would guess his schedule is
subject to change without notice.

someone who uses his head for more then hat rack ...lol

you dont set around the camp fires do you ..?

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Corozon del Oro, you posted -->hope you got to note the location where the v formation of gold bars was pointing to.

You cottin pickin right I know 'exactly' where they are / were the last time that I saw them my friend. And they are on my list with the new associates.

Don Jose de La Mancha

he was that close ...lolso how big were those gold bars RT ...lol

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

allo BB, you asked -->lolso how big were those gold bars RT .

Just about X by XX, by ??? why?

Don Jose de La Mancha (psst corozon, I am not manchado, just need a good bath snicker)

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
allo BB, you asked -->lolso how big were those gold bars RT .

Just about X by XX, by ??? why?

Don Jose de La Mancha (psst corozon, I am not manchado, just need a good bath snicke

lol i was jokeing about how big fish stories get bigger . your gold bars will be 3 times the size of normal gold bars in a week lol ...

at lest the Mallard past inspection this morning .. i think i will go back some day ..i like the idea of no one knowing i am there ...

see now if you had my climbing gear you could have recoverd those bars and been in a few bars your self...lol

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Paul,

You might want to keep in mind the information that I personally found while doing a search on the Internet. Using blindbowman, I found bb posting on Yahooka.com and bragging about how he was making fools out of all of us on TreasureNet. Others here also saw his posts on that site.

Since my old friend "critter" from the LDM Forum also was a regular poster on Yahooka, I would assume that is how bb found this site originally, although it's possible he found us by accident, just as he claims. The site is dedicated to potheads, and critter, as well as bb, were held in high regard.....so to speak. :D

For those of us who have kept track of his ramblings here, there is no reason to trust anything he tells us. Now he might find this post insulting, but he knows every word is "fact". Anytime a man makes a public statement that he is going to make fools out of a group of people, they should take his word that he will make the effort.

Those who expect to walk into the mountains on one of bb's five expeditions, should come prepared for the same results that you had. :help:

Take care,

Joe

Paul is 3 times the treasure hunter you will ever be joe .. IMHO

in fact , dust cap maybe the best treasure on this site ...IMHO

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

bb,

I have no argument with your statement. In fact, I have a great deal of respect for both men. :notworthy:

I thought so much of Paul, that I suggested that Garry add him to our research efforts. That was a very good addition, and he has contributed a great deal over the years.

There are many people on this site that are much better treasure hunters than I am. For me, it's always been just a hobby. On the other hand, my sources/contacts and research are well above average. Unlike you, I have never thought the Priest/Horse artifact was two separate stones. :wink:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread