Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

James Kidd left his apartment Nov. 10 (not Nov. 8 ).

He had mining claims in the eastern portion of the mountains and there is a story if I can find it that may or may not be true about a fellow who visited him after his "disappearance" and found him progressively more ill. On his 3rd or 4th visit, Kidd was found dead but had asked the fellow to please bury him near his claim sites.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Paul,

Seems I do remember your saying you had purchased a copy. Believe that was some time ago. I've slept since then. :wink:

I found the search for proof that the soul was a tangible part of the human body interesting. As I recall, someone figured out how much wt. was lost at the moment of death.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB - odd that he would say in his will that he had no heirs and yet had a sister living in NY state. Are you implying that his sister came forward to claim the estate, but was too late because it was already being dealt with in court?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Paul,

Seems I do remember your saying you had purchased a copy. Believe that was some time ago. I've slept since then. :wink:

I found the search for proof that the soul was a tangible part of the human body interesting. As I recall, someone figured out how much wt. was lost at the moment of death.

Take care,

Joe

Joe - there was a movie a few years ago (that I never saw) called 21 grams. It was based on that specific mass that was supposedly lost on average at the exact moment a person died. I believe the doctor who did some studies and experiments to try to determine the mass of the human soul came up with that number - I think he was from Massachusetts or New Hampshire.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Myyyy - so our soul is rather lightweight! I always suspected this was the case, but haven't had it confirmed until now - 21 grams indeed! (for those not into metrics, that's roughly 3/4 oz).
I wonder what the price is ?? - like gold being about $1300/oz these days - our souls may be an expensive commodity after all ...

Sorry guys - just couldn't help myself :-)

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loke said:
Myyyy - so our soul is rather lightweight! I always suspected this was the case, but haven't had it confirmed until now - 21 grams indeed! (for those not into metrics, that's roughly 3/4 oz).
I wonder what the price is ?? - like gold being about $1300/oz these days - our souls may be an expensive commodity after all ...

Sorry guys - just couldn't help myself :-)

Gold was $1811.35 US this afternoon, Loke.
A lawyer's soul..............well. :-X
Depends on who's buying...and when :wink:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64 said:
BB - odd that he would say in his will that he had no heirs and yet had a sister living in NY state. Are you implying that his sister came forward to claim the estate, but was too late because it was already being dealt with in court?

i told you ny state adouption laws are very strick unless someones life was at risk , there was no way for anna to prove she was james sister legally ...and it would not have matterd . he left his estate to research . not his sister . but that dose not mean she was not his sister .. she was ..

the question is did he have a map to the mine ...?

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

drove over and got the mallard tonight and towed my s10 back with the mallard it had no problem towing at all ..

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB - not sure if you are purposely confusing things, just not being clear or really don't know the specifics of the James Kidd disappearance.

I was mistaken that James Kidd left his apartment on November 10, it was November 9 (again, not the 8th). He was not reported missing on the 10th from what I can tell - public records indicate that his landlord declared him "missing" to the authorities on December 29 which was the first notice that he was missing.

His handwritten will stated that he had no heirs - it seems logical to me that if he indeed had a sister, that he would have left her at least a portion of the ~$200K in his estate - especially if this was a sister as you claim that he wrote to often (of course you've already removed that post where you made your claims).

The newspaper article you posted references Anna Kidd Woods - is this the same Anna you claim is James Kidd's sister? The newspaper article states that Anna is hoping James is her uncle - so which is it?

From all the information in "The Great Soul Trial" which includes many personal interviews between the author and people who WERE THERE AT THE TIME AND/OR KNEW JAMES KIDD, I personally don't believe he was anywhere near the western or central parts of the Superstitions - his claims (Scorpion #1 & #2) were located (according to the claim papers themselves) to be in the Miami mining district in Gila County.

Any thoughts BB?

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Paul,

As always, you are on the money. Pretty much by the book. :read2:

Take care,

Joe

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB,

I'm a bit confused (so what's new).

How did you sell the farm after Helen died, and then after she died, and sold the farm, she had a stroke and she lives with you now?

I must have read that wrong. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Beth

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
BB,

How did you sell the farm after Helen died, and then after she died, and sold the farm, she had a stroke and she lives with you now?

Beth

Helen is alive . Purdence woods passed away in 2002 ..i am alive i think .. not sure some times if this is real life or just another dream ...

will any of this matter tomorrow ..will i even be here ...?

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

mrs.oroblanco said:
BB,

Beth

Beth,

There comes a time when this charade becomes crystal clear. At that point, you make a choice to participate or not. Most of the time I am chosing to not be a part of it.

See you soon,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
BB,

Beth

Beth,

There comes a time when this charade becomes crystal clear. At that point, you make a choice to participate or not. Most of the time I am chosing to not be a part of it.

See you soon,

Joe
[/quote

i am sure no one at the rendenous needs you to do their thinking for them joe..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread