Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
My good buddy and hunting partner Dan and I braved a little rain and snow yesterday to pound the fields one last time in 2014. We started out the day at one of our old sites, and were able to pick out a few leftovers we had missed before, including a nice watch winder I was able to snag. Then we decided to make a short trip to check out a new and promising area that was loaded with late 1600s land patents. As luck would have it we ran into one of the property owners while she had driven out to her mailbox, and we stopped to chat with her. With permission granted we made the long and muddy trek to the hidden field we knew was behind her house, and we felt this was a likely spot for an early house site especially since bordered a creek referenced in the patents. But it turned out to be a small turn-of-the-century site which was quite disappointing. We played around there a bit and recovered a few odds and ends, and my better finds were a large brass key and a cool keyhole cover, and both came out with a lovely green patina. With only about 90 min of daylight left we made a quick drive to the small pasture site we hit last Friday when Dan’s father was in town. Things were quite slow with only a button or buckle piece here and there. But as daylight was fading fast I got a very obvious hit that apparently had been missed before, and was very pleased to see a large cut piece from a 2 reale pistareen pop out with awesome detail. That was the first colonial silver coin I’ve dug with my new F75SE. And it was the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] colonial silver for the new fall season, the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2014, and I also reached a mini-milestone with my 175[SUP]th[/SUP] overall. And it was my last keeper target I dug yesterday as well as for the year, so that was a great way to close out things. Dan and I have already started working hard to identify some new, early sites so hopefully we can start out 2015 on a strong note. Happy New Year to all!!

Attachments

• 123014a.jpg
    123014a.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 123014c.jpg
    123014c.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 123014d.jpg
    123014d.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 123014b.jpg
    123014b.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 30

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a beautiful piece of cut silver! I would call that more than a mini milestone my man. That's a great accomplishment.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These posts you and Dan make are insane!, seems as though you regularly make finds us guys would drool over, every time I open a thread of yours or his I know I'm about to see some amazing finds!!

Keep up the good work!

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great way to end the year! Congrats on all the silver! Hope next year brings you more. All your research sure pays off. Happy new year and HH!

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
These posts you and Dan make are insane!, seems as though you regularly make finds us guys would drool over, every time I open a thread of yours or his I know I'm about to see some amazing finds!!

Keep up the good work!

Dan's got a great post coming out soon ..... stay tuned!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very beautiful cut coin, what a way to end the year and love that winder and key as well. congrats on yet another great find

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to finish off the season, some cool stuff! I found my first cut piece of Spanish Silver this season, i can't imagine finding 174 more..........lol Who knows, right? I never considered even finding one, but I did. Good stuff and again BIG CONGRATS on a spectacular season!!!!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She sure is a beaut Bill. It's baffling how you found mostly turn-of-the-century then a practically new looking cut pistareen pops up. There has to be more older stuff there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
She sure is a beaut Bill. It's baffling how you found mostly turn-of-the-century then a practically new looking cut pistareen pops up. There has to be more older stuff there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TreasureNet

Joey - the cut piece came from a different site that was producing strictly colonial finds.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some real nice finds there Bill, your little Iron cross pin thing is interesting. We have found several of those on a shipwreck from the 1870s. They had cut black glass glued to them. Latter on I will send you a pic of some of them and the glass.
All the best in the new year Bill.
ZDD

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a sweet piece of silver Bill, along with the great looking watch winder. I would say this was a winning way to close out the season.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if your going to end 2014, that's one way to do it...getting off work shortly and going to try to get out for an hour...but -25 with windchill...so I might now be able to break the ground... thanks for sharing..

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cut piece and cute little watch winder too Bill. That watch winder may have had glass stone in it at one time.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that detail! Looks like someone cut up their brand new coin and not so more than a few days later it was lost! Neat! :D

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a great way to end 2014, Bill. Good luck to you and Dan in 2015. I am thrilled for 2015 because I will be hunting from March-December. I hope to add some more Colonial doo-dads to my collection.

Kirk

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic! between yours and Dan's post - too cold to search here today, time for the Library and courthouse again!

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Incredible detail Bill! Glad you snagged one more. Looking forward to your 2015 finds and our annual hunt.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread