2023 19th Annual Dutch Hunter Rendezvous

Sentinel

Jan 5, 2007
The 19th annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous will take place November 3rd, 4th and 5th 2023 at The Dons Base camp along Peralta road in the Superstition mountains. Everyone is welcome to this event to camp or just visit. The only thing we ask is to leave your baggage at the gate and enjoy yourself. The rest rooms will be open, but there is no water or electricity in the camp. Please be mindful of others in the camp and haul whatever trash you can out. Our guest speakers are being lined up and we are happy to announce that Author Jack San Felice will be speaking on his soon to be released book "Finding El Dorado". Several other speakers will be joining us and we will announce as we confirm their attendance.

We are always indebted to the foresight of Ron Feldman and Joe Ribaudo for laying the groundwork that has got us here almost 20 years later. We are also bringing back the Saturday night chili and anyone visiting or looking for something tasty before the guest speakers will find it in the big ramada.

This event is sponsored by the Dons of Arizona and gates should be open by 12 noon Friday the 3rd. Anyone bringing horses please camp in the upper lot. We look forward to everyone attending.

AZ Gold Hunter

Feb 27, 2023
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward to hanging out for the weekend with you all. Being this is my first Rendezvous I had a question about camping. I don't have a travel trailer and wanted to make sure tent camping is ok? I might be the only one out there with such but would still love to attend.

Thank you, Wayne, for all that you do for not only this event but all the other stuff that fuels a large list of treasure/history hunters.

OP
OP
Sentinel

Sentinel

Jan 5, 2007
I am looking forward to hanging out for the weekend with you all. Being this is my first Rendezvous I had a question about camping. I don't have a travel trailer and wanted to make sure tent camping is ok? I might be the only one out there with such but would still love to attend.

Thank you, Wayne, for all that you do for not only this event but all the other stuff that fuels a large list of treasure/history hunters.
There are always tents, pick a piece of ground and set it up. There is always a mix of trailers ,RVs, tents and some who stay in the buildings. The first couple of rendezvous I slept in my Bronco, Jack Carlson slept in his van and Greg Davis sleeps in the back of his jeep every year.

OP
OP
Sentinel

Sentinel

Jan 5, 2007
Thank you to everyone who came out to this years Rendezvous. A good time was had by everyone and it was fun meeting a number of people who participate here on this forum. We served up Chili, hot dogs and chili dogs on Saturday night and had a great program for everyone. Thank you to Jack San Felice, Tom Van and John Wayne Galloway for speaking. Was a very interesting program and we are were very fortunate to have those 3 long time veteran Dutch Hunters with us. Plenty of Beer, Tequila, and Whiskey flowed around the camp fires deep into the night. We had around 30 people at my campfire Friday night and I believe we were up until around 2:30 am both nights. We did a ghost hunt Friday and were successful at least in entertaining ourselves as we made our way around in the dark with various electronic gadgets . A huge Thank you to Greg Davis, Jesse Feldman, Jack San Felice, Jack Carlson, Woody Wampler and everyone who contributed to the raffle. Lots of great prizes and even some gold found its way to some lucky winners.

If you were not there you missed out and once again there were no issues, no problems and a lot of laughter and new friends made. Again, Thank you for the last 19 years of making this a very special event for everyone and cant wait until next year when we celebrate 20 years.

OP
OP
Sentinel

Sentinel

Jan 5, 2007

Thank you Larry. If anything we had a lot of fun. Was glad you made it and was more than happy to share in the ghost hunt with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions