24/7 Banks

Just ask the cashier at the gas station, grocery store for a roll of whatever. I usually get my request repeated to me "You want a roll of pennies? What do you want a roll of pennies for?", but eventually I usually get my roll of pennies. Other alternatives are laundromat coin machines, coin machines at carwashes and vending machines. It's nothing compared to getting a full box, but I have on more than one occasion pumped a soda machine full of nickels or dimes until it won't make change any more!

Never happen!! It would be nice. TD is close!!

Other alternatives are laundromat coin machines, coin machines at carwashes and vending machines. It's nothing compared to getting a full box, but I have on more than one occasion pumped a soda machine full of nickels or dimes until it won't make change any more!

Are you making change with a dollar getting coins back to look through?

Last edited by a moderator:
TD is definately close, extremely great hours and open 7-days, a start to better crhing--- I mean banking, ha.

CRH, you have mail....

have 1 bank that is open on sunday s !!

Lol, I walked into a 24/7 truck stop Saturday asking for $50 in nickels, they walked into the back, came out with $50 in nickels. haha it was great

A 24/7 bank would be my dream. My work schedule prevents me from visiting the majority of banks in my area. Also I think it would be my downfall. I imagine myself unwrapping rolls at 3am.

Haven't been able to search rolls for a couple days because of my work schedule. I'm starting to go through withdrawal. I stopped by a carwash on the way home to use the quarter machine. Decided not to due to a large sign that said "QUARTERS FOR CAR WASH USE ONLY". That and some really sketchy guy was giving me a look. I have issues...

Haven't been able to search rolls for a couple days because of my work schedule. I'm starting to go through withdrawal. I stopped by a carwash on the way home to use the quarter machine. Decided not to due to a large sign that said "QUARTERS FOR CAR WASH USE ONLY". That and some really sketchy guy was giving me a look. I have issues...

This is epic hahaha

It gets worse. I put a $5 in a soda machine just to change it into quarters. Sadly the machine wouldn't accept $10s or $20s.

It gets worse. I put a $5 in a soda machine just to change it into quarters. Sadly the machine wouldn't accept $10s or $20s.

I did that with one dollar today, and did that with countless amounts of dollars in Canada (like $20 or $30).

Doesn't silver automatically go to the reject tray if you try and use it?

All the customer fed quarters are held in a bin. The vending company manually puts coins in the tubes for change. Therefore it's a possibility that you may receive silver. I'm not going to try to make a career out of this though. Just something to get through the itch LOL.

Are you making change with a dollar getting coins back to look through?

Yes. Some machines won't let you make change, only let you make your purchase. Other machines spit out the sahme change you put into it when you hit the coin return. The really good machines will take what you put into it and give you back change that was already inside the machine. Not the most effective way to CHR, but I have found a proof nickel doing this. It is also an alternative for dumping small amounts of change (nickels, dimes) and getting quarters in return.

Yes. Some machines won't let you make change, only let you make your purchase. Other machines spit out the sahme change you put into it when you hit the coin return. The really good machines will take what you put into it and give you back change that was already inside the machine. Not the most effective way to CHR, but I have found a proof nickel doing this. It is also an alternative for dumping small amounts of change (nickels, dimes) and getting quarters in return.

The best machine I had in Canada was one that would give me toonies in exchange for other toonies. The toonie commemoratives are not easy to get. The other machines just exchanged my loonies and toonies for quarters. Unfortunately, I just had 2 toonies that I could put in when I was by the machine and got one Nunavut commemorative.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back