28 Tons of Gold in New Mexico???

trappersnapp

Sep 16, 2008
Guys,

Ya'll need to check out the new book by David Schweidel and Robert Boswell called What men call Treasure...not about Trubaco but a new version of Doc Noss's find at V. Peak

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
This was a neat story I read yesterday and got to thinking about it but couldn't remember in which forum I read the topic so posted a question in the cache hunting forum. How big and what's the weight of one of the gold bars supposed to be in this topic? Were all the gold bars back then made big and heavy? How much would say 100 of these gold bars be worth today?

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lcplthogersen said:
This is my first post guys and in reference to everyones invites I'm ready to go lets do it. However I just recieved word that I am heading to the big desert ..... yes Iraq for Marine Corps duties. I will be back may of 2007 so I will catch up with you then. Oh yeah I am a 22 year old with a real strong back and an eager mind so I think that counts for something LOL. Maybe I will get lucky overseas and find a treasure ill bring my MD LOL

Has anyone heard from Lcplthogersen?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArkieGold said:
This was a neat story I read yesterday and got to thinking about it but couldn't remember in which forum I read the topic so posted a question in the cache hunting forum. How big and what's the weight of one of the gold bars supposed to be in this topic? Were all the gold bars back then made big and heavy? How much would say 100 of these gold bars be worth today?

The gold bars from this story weigh about 66 pounds (30 kilos). That is unusual for older bars, and definitely not for rough smelted dore bars. Only refined bars in populated areas are that heavy. When dore bars are smelted in the field, they are referred to as "finger bars". They are smaller, and usually weigh about 2 or 3 pounds each (easier to stash and transport).

Best-Mike

Ronin29

May 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
28 tons of Gold !!! maybe this gold were at a different places of Mexico ,not at a one cache just .if is not it , you can detect it by LRL or metal detector cause this is a 28 tons ..this topic was from 2004 ,,..

MarieColvin

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2012
US
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello friends,

I would like to say, Major gold mining in California started in 1848 during the California Gold Rush. Gold production in California peaked in 1852, at 3.9 million troy ounces (121 tonnes) produced in that year.

Best regards
Marie Colvin

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The government good at hiding stuff from keeping things under secret look at area 51 how long that was a big secret.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too, melt that down and reform it as a chocolate Easter bunny spray-painted brown!
Lolol

Toby

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is the landing strip is and the where abouts of the old shack on a map?

Where is the landing strip and the where abouts of the old shack on a map?

The stories that you guys refer to are not the entire story and certainly not the end of the story. We will go no further into the story that what you guys have posted.

I have been to the airstrip area on different occasions as well as the old house, it was more like a small shack and is no longer standing, foundation is still there as well as other trash, ie. bedsprings, cans ect.. This is where the old woman lived that saw the plane land on different dates.

This area sits on a high table land and not too far away, if you drive in a direction you will come to some high cliffs, from which you have a great view of the valley desert in the distance. This is in a direction from the house [foundation] in which the sun does not set.[No I'm not going to give you an X-marks the spot.] :-* Not so far from this place is a rock with a large hole in the top from which one can access the inside from, or you can go into a crevice from the direction I entered to access the inside, once inside you will find some inscriptions relating to the the gold.

Not wanting to create any attention a party rented a backhoe and drove it 9mi.,much as any farmer would drive his equipment along the backroads of the farms and ranches. Upon reaching an area of question a hole or more like a long trench was put down to a depth of sixteen feet. It was then backfilled and leveled. One more suspect area was eliminated from the search pattern.

But its still a great place to hunt and the anticipation and thrill of the chase is what keeps one going.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my far fetched believe this cache is being sold off in the way of Mexican Dos Peso's re-struck with 1945 dates. They have so far struck almost 9 tons of gold in these little coins that have the 1945 mint date and were still minting these even after this post began in 2009. To me that is how I'd unload 17 tons of gold into cash. Just a lot of gold in little 1.6665 gram pieces at a time.

Attachments

• 2_pesos_de_México_de_1920_(anverso_y_reverso).jpg
    2_pesos_de_México_de_1920_(anverso_y_reverso).jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 662

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ & Nokta Makro PulseDive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hard time believing someone with a yahoo email address actually knows anything, much less, where actual treasure lies.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dowsing

A.O., I didn't intend to re-direct this thread to the accuracy of dowsing. I just noted the dowser's extreme belief in themselves, with results that I have not seen. However, I admit to being a skeptic. Let's face it. Dowsing involves some unseen, mystical power that an empirical person has difficulty with. A skeptic is not a disbeliever, though. I'd just like to see the results. How about a test. I have a post in another forum, Treasure Legends, on the Bolton Farm cache. I also have a period map of Bolton. If I send you a copy of this map, do you feel you could located the chest in the farm well, with the $50,000 gold in it? If so, I'll forever be an advocate and supporter, as well as offering a sizable reward. How about a test? Besides, I've got nothing else to go on. This is a perfect opportunity for a test. If so, PM me with an address to send this map.

I have seen my father, grandfather and maybe three others dowse for Water on land with willow?? (Dad) and two lightweight metal rods and one guy on a Topo Map, again All for water. Two of these older guys used some kind of one piece Y shaped wood. Don't know what kind. I was 13 when I first saw it. 2014 last time. It did work. My Dad showed me how to do it with metal rods for water and once for a large gas line on our company property. It worked for me with water, not the gas line, but it did for him, the two pieces crossed right at the source. I've never used wood. I have never seen it done myself on gold. I have never tried on a map. Until I read more about dowsing on forums I didn't realize people used it for gold. I can guarantee it works on land for water for some. For some reasons Way beyond me I don't know why it works for some people and not others. I do know that down in SW MO, most people who want a water source for their cattle, crops or new building etc., They either call a Dowser or do it themselves. They do not want to pay for a well digger to test unless that digger Dowses. Personally, because I don't know enough about it I'll take my DFX precious metal Hunting and leave the Dowsing for the experts! I'm not a doubter, just haven't seen it done on gold. I would love to see it and have an open mind about it. I also have never tried the Polaroid or Digital Camera Yet. I will try the Dowsing & Digital Camera On known gold rings and jewelry to see what happens. Why Not, It's been used for water forever! I'll try just about anything once.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If dowsing was done on "company property" then it was no secret where the utility lines were located. If dowsing precious metals really worked, professional dowsers would be famous and incredibly wealthy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread