2nd hunt--my first cache!!

bogside

Greenie
May 6, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Hey all...

Went out in my back yard today to see what I could find. 1950s rambler in a suburb :-\. After finding a few pop tops on my first couple of hits, I found the "motherlode"!!

Got a strong repeatable signal on my ACE 250. I'm still very new and I'm not exactly sure how to read what the VDI is telling me so when I get signals it's usually a complete mystery until I dig up the item.

I dug a small hole (very excited that I could keep the hole size to a minimum) and immediately found two wheaties. That was great! Two coins in the same hole! That's a first. BUT...

The hole kept giving up coins!!! I kept widening the hole after going over it with my ACE and MORE coins would come out! It was like magic. The feeling was great.

All in all, I found:

15 wheaties (1919D, 39, 40, 2x40D, 41D, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47D, 50D, 2x56D, 58D)

6 memorial cents (59, 4x59D, 60D)

1 Jefferson nickel (1940)

22 coins in all! I'll go ahead and call that a cache. ;D I guess some kid buried his treasure, only to forget where he put it...

Not too bad for my second hunt I think. Can't wait to find some silver! I really didn't expect to find much more than some junk and some clad in that yard, so I'm pretty pumped!!

HH to all

Adam
Minneapolis

Upvote 0

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Congrats, that is great. Two other possibilities, could have been in a small dropped purse, or in someones pocket who sat down and lost it. It any case, it is a pleasant find. Great job...Lance

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Adam!!!! Show us the pictures!!!!!

Congrats!

Nana ;)

R

rvbvetter

Fantastic!!! If your not hooked after that, then you might want to get your body temperature checked. You've probably passed on. WTG!!! HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice cache. I have been searching for some time and have never found anything like that!! Congrats!! HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats real cool ,bet your heart was racing!! congrats!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely good fortune! Just don't get discouraged if they don't all come that easy. I found silver and gold my first week and then nothing significant for several months until I found my first ring a couple weeks ago. Keep at it and by all means keep it fun. JIM

OP
OP
bogside

bogside

Greenie
May 6, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Hi guys and gals...

Will hopefully post some pics tomorrow (not that anyone is waiting with bated breath, haha). Digital camera decided to take a breather but I think I've got that figured out...

While we're on the subject (and I know this has been covered ad nauseum) is olive oil the best way to clean these coins I found? I know they're not worth anything. I just want people to be able to tell what they are when I show them...

Thanks all!

Cheers,
Adam
Minneapolis

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice!!!
With all them older coins your dig'n,,, there should be some old silver there aomewhere...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I can only imagine your excitement. Your hooked now for sure.... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread