4th of July 1sts..

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out swinging for several hours today.. Wife was busy swimming with the dogs so I took the time off the honey-do-list to head out.. Hit an old fair ground today which produced $3.78 in clad. 2nd spot was a large field behind a quaker meeting house in bucks county. Pulled a 1907 Barber dime (My 1st Barber dime) and a 1909 IHP (my first one of them also) ... Hopefully one of these days I will break into the 19th century! .. .Happy swinging :laughing7:

Attachments

• barberihp.jpg
    barberihp.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! I love those coins.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a very good day! congrats on the coins! HH to ya! :thumbsup:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Independence day firsts ! :icon_sunny: Research is the key to finding that 19th century coin .You are already on the cusp ! Find and then hunt where the people were back then and you will find coins they lost !! happy hunting ! MaineRelic

shack24

May 26, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gta 500; Garrett Ace 350; Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I love old coins. Found my first IH about two weeks ago but have yet to find any barbers. Congrats!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You're one up on me Briz06. Haven't found a Barber dime yet. Been detecting for 40 years now, but still no Barber dime. Got other Barber and even a Seated Liberty quarter, but no Barber dime.

Heard about 'em, talked to people about 'em, seen a few in albums and on tables ... just haven't seen one pulled from the ground yet. Beginnin' to sound like a go'mint conspiracy. Then again, Oregon never has had a lot of population for its size. Even if ever single person who has ever lived here in the past lost a Barber dime, you'd still have to hunt several square miles to find one.

OP
OP
B

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I have just been lucky tuberdale, Ive been hitting old places lately, around churches that have been there since the 1800's... Incidently enough my 1st silver was a 1907 Barber half that I found in April.I guess I need a 1907 quarter to complete the set... I research alot, google earth is a wonderful thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread