4th of July 1sts..

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out swinging for several hours today.. Wife was busy swimming with the dogs so I took the time off the honey-do-list to head out.. Hit an old fair ground today which produced $3.78 in clad. 2nd spot was a large field behind a quaker meeting house in bucks county. Pulled a 1907 Barber dime (My 1st Barber dime) and a 1909 IHP (my first one of them also) ... Hopefully one of these days I will break into the 19th century! .. .Happy swinging :laughing7:

Attachments

• barberihp.jpg
    barberihp.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
Fantastic! I love those coins.

looks like a very good day! congrats on the coins! HH to ya! :thumbsup:

Nice Independence day firsts ! :icon_sunny: Research is the key to finding that 19th century coin .You are already on the cusp ! Find and then hunt where the people were back then and you will find coins they lost !! happy hunting ! MaineRelic

Nice! I love old coins. Found my first IH about two weeks ago but have yet to find any barbers. Congrats!

You're one up on me Briz06. Haven't found a Barber dime yet. Been detecting for 40 years now, but still no Barber dime. Got other Barber and even a Seated Liberty quarter, but no Barber dime.

Heard about 'em, talked to people about 'em, seen a few in albums and on tables ... just haven't seen one pulled from the ground yet. Beginnin' to sound like a go'mint conspiracy. Then again, Oregon never has had a lot of population for its size. Even if ever single person who has ever lived here in the past lost a Barber dime, you'd still have to hunt several square miles to find one.

I guess I have just been lucky tuberdale, Ive been hitting old places lately, around churches that have been there since the 1800's... Incidently enough my 1st silver was a 1907 Barber half that I found in April.I guess I need a 1907 quarter to complete the set... I research alot, google earth is a wonderful thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back