5/29 to the present

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
I have hunted about a total of 120 hours since memorial day. I havent been near my computer due to personal reasons. Now i am back on line and wanted to share this summers finds with all of you.I love fishing and use alot of the kwnoledge from fishing and put it towards metal detecting. The one tip i will share with beach hunters is i always see the majority of hunters working paralell to the shoreline. Where there is alot of detecting presure I will go north and south while everyone else is working east to west. The other thing i do is look for the lifeguard chairs and work the water in towards it with a triangle pattern and it works big time. I hope everyone is as lucky as i have been this year and looking foward to reading everybodies finds !!! have a golden summer
Lowtoes

Attachments

• amanda 003.jpg
    amanda 003.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Awesome finds. Question, since the life guard chairs are located on dry sand do you start at the waterline and work your way up or do you stay in the dry sand?
Thanks and HH
Roy

OP
OP
lowtones

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
I work in the water and the wet sand I use the lifeguard chair as my refrence point. The point of the triangle would be at the lifeguard chair .
HH
Lowtone

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Thanks for your response. I have an M6 and have been doing some beaches. However, I do not want to get the coil wet (on purpose) so I will be checking the sand at low tide. Up North the tides really recede not like VA Beach so I am trying to figure out the best line to take when searching. The surf can be rough at time like VA Beach so I know some jewlery is in the sand. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks Roy

OP
OP
lowtones

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
The 2 things i would do is check when low tide is and then get there 4 hours before and look for the most popular swimming area which are usually near lifeguard chairs and straight down from restrooms or snack areas . Then i would be there to detect about 2 hours before dead low and work the area in a diagnal pattern or zig zag. I skip alot of high pitched tones with my machine cause i know there usually pennies or dimes .I know i could possibly be missing some 10kt gold but i just go after my lowtones
HH
Lowtones

OP
OP
lowtones

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
I use an excalibur 1000. The trick is to get those gold tones in your head.
HH
lowtones

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Lowtones, have been using my DFX, but just ordered my Excalibur 1000 today. I may need to borrow some of your finds to help pay off the new toy....ha/ha

Good job.
--Mel

borninok

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Lowtone,

whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! impressive pile of finds there; man!
Nice going :)
I like your triangle angle, too :) :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread