5 Dollar gold piece

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Hey there jeremeysmom23,

Any pictures yet?

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I'd love to see some.

The anticipation is killing me!

sparkymaster

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
I certainly dod not intend to Horn in on and ones secret hunting area. With the info available, one could assume the finds were made ................in a closet...... at a flee market..........at a house site?
Excuse me if I am wrong. I have been hunting for a while and have found NONE of those coins. It just amazes me the mater of fact, attitude. Or maybe the understatement of the facts. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN HH Gayle

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that would be the hunt of a lifetime for me :o awesome finds :thumbsup:

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
I would love to find a gold piece!!! and I would definitely have pics up by now. Congratulations

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
All I can say is WOW!!!!

That's a lifetime of sought after finds, and you did it in one day. It sounds like you found some
virgin territory. :o

Go out and find some more now.
Mike

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
OK, enough is enough! >:(

WE NEED PICTURES! :whip2:

I'll send you my camera if you want me to. It would be worth it just to see the dang coins.

sparkymaster

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Great finds!

Has anybody read PBK's post about real or fake??

Some members here have probably chased her off by rude accusations!

Lonnie

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
For the love of God, jeremeysmom23, drink a coke and come back here and tell us how you found these coins. We don't want an exact location. Within 50 miles will suffice, but don't just make a post like that and "disappear". This is a chat forum where we all share our finds and information with kindred spirits.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WindHarvester said:
Great finds!

Lonnie

Of Course we all have! It's not that we think the finds are fake--it's just that now we want to see (otherwise we'll feel "strung along"). You can't come onto a forum and make a post stating that you found a gold coin without great photos to share and brag about. It's par for the course. I always include photos with my posts, and I find MUCH less in the way of Great coins.

Regards,

Buckles

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you this much and I know the majority would agree...Had I been the lucky person to find these, you can bet your bottom dollar I would have a zillion pictures posted I would be so excited and want to share my excitment and my find with everyone ... so I kinda dont buy the we chased her off routine... its called stringing us along at this point...if you really found these...be at least kind enough to share photos, I dont think thats asking too much... I wont be checking this thread again till pictures are posted.

who knows maybe her camera broke for all we know.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
sparkymaster said:
WindHarvester said:
Great finds!

Lonnie

Oh, do you mean this?

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected.

Yea, we've read it. There have been a few minor insinuations tossed around but I don't think anyone has called B.S. yet, some proof would be nice on a find of this nature. These coins all came from an era when money was more valuable and scarce than it is today. If someone lost a $5 gold piece back then it meant a weeks pay. Today if we lost $5 it might bug any one of us for, oh, 10 minutes or so.

If someone posts they just found a handfull of clad and doesn't post a picture we all kinda go, oh well, seen it a million times, no big deal. This is very possable to find, we all know it, accept it and live with it.

I think pictures take any doubt away on a find like this, it's proof. If someone you didn't know told you they just found a cache of gold coins would you be more willing to accept it with proof (pictures) or just go off their word?

For those of you that are gullible enough to believe anything someone tells you that's on the verge of impossible just ask yourself, what would this forum or world be without proof (pictures)?

Does the 10 O'clock news tell you stories and expect you to believe it or do they show you pictures for proof? How do you feel about buying something off eBay when there are no pictures? I know I wont buy anything just because someone tells me it's in a certain condition, I want proof (pictures).

All we're asking for are some pictures of this nearly impossible find, nothing more. Everyone can believe what they want but without proof (pictures) there will always be doubt, no matter what.

sparkymaster

Well spoken. I have nothing else to state. :thumbsup:

Kyle

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
sparkymaster said:
Any pictures yet?
I guess we are not going to get to see any pictures. We will just have to take her word for it. I really wanted to see that 1847 small cent.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK.

I hope we haven't frighten you off. This is a great forum & you can learn loads by sticking around.

I have to agree with most here by encouraging you to post a picture if you may?

Cheers

Cru'

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Welcome from the UK.

I hope we haven't frighten you off. This is a great forum & you can learn loads by sticking around.

Cheers

Cru'

I dont feel anyone scared anyone off... without a pix what else are we to think?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootybay said:
CRUSADER said:
Welcome from the UK.

Cheers

Cru'

I dont feel anyone scared anyone off... without a pix what else are we to think?

Do you have a picture of God :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread