XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I a THr

Greenie
Jan 2, 2005
SW Iowa
jsu said:
I was not aware that they made 3 cent pieces, 2 cent pieces,or large cents in 1899. Anyway lets see some pics.WTG
He said date range 1840 - 1899, but would still like to see some picture of those awesome finds. I've found the three center and (4) two centers but 0 Gold coins and 0 large cents in my 37 years of hunting.
Good finds!!!
Bill

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rookies can sometimes just beat the socks of ya. I had been showing an old man what I had been finding and it got him very interested. He bought a Garrett Ground Hog and his first two trips out he found a total of two gold rings. You just never know.

DANGLANGLEY

LarryinVT

Greenie
Oct 16, 2007
Waterville, VT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jeremeysmom23 said:
Sunday I found a $5 Dollar Gold piece dated 1886, This to me was a nice find,also found a few
other coins Three cent pieces,2 cent pieces ,and two large cents. The date range from 1844 to 1899.

Yup. Nice find.

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Wow.

That was harsh. I never knew that the burden of proof was required for posting your finds on here. It's not up to any poster to convince anyone else that their finds are legitimate, no matter what they are. It doesn't say anywhere in the sign up information that you have to provide a picture or a certificate of authenticity or a map or anything else to justify your claims. I find the behavior in this thread to be much more damaging to the credibility of this forum than any made up finds with no pictures could ever be.

Let's lighten up. If someone says they found something that you don't believe can be real, keep it to yourself. Who's it going to hurt?

I have become a better treasure hunter due to the advice and information that is given on this site and I look forward every day to seeing the amazing finds that you all make, and I just wish we could keep it friendly.

V

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it was harsh at all...we were led along with the promise of pictures which never happened.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I would love to at least see a pic of the coppas. You know, folks, I love those coppas! :thumbsup:

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
HERE, I WILL POST A PIC OF A COIN THAT I FOUND IN MY COLLECTION, COLLECTION OF CANADIAN MINT BAUGHT COINS

THAT IS, :o :o :o

WHERES THE GOLD ???

Attachments

• Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,527

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
10/4 , SOME TIMES WE ALL SHOULD RESPECT WHAT A PERSON POSTS, I REMEMBER WHEN I COULDNT GET ANY PICS POSTED AS THE CAMERA I HAD WAS NOT A DIDGY , I WAS CHASTIZED :'(

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
I think it was the inconsistencies in her posts that threw most everyone off. She originally said that she found a gold coin , "some" 3 cent pieces, "some" 2 cent pieces and two large cents dates ranged from 1844 to 1899.The last time they made any of those coins was 1889. O.K an honest mistake. Then she posts that there were two 3 centers dated 1866 and 1871, two large cents dated 1844 and 1848, one half cent dated 1853 , "one" 2 center dated 1866 and two one cent pieces ( i am assuming they are small cents because she already mentioned the large cents) dated 1847 and 1899. There is no 1847 cent other than a large cent. If people are going to make stuff up they should do a little research into the coins they are claiming to find. I have no problem with giving credit where its due, but I do have a problem with people compromising the integrity of this forum. We need to have a fiction section on this forum for people who want to make stuff up.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:On the finds Iknow how every buddy fills i would like to see some picks too.I wound of posted pick if i could figger out how to do it.i found alot of stuff so far i tried to show you's a lock i found but i'm not to smart when it comes to this computer i browes it an it told me to shrik it down that there isent a enough room. some thing like, i brot the lock to a freand he took the pickture e mailed me it back exslaned about the chanle to get to the pic but when i tryed it,it told me not a enough room so i gave up thats like my running toltal i added more coins and stuff like that but it won't change it. I'm computer illiterit when it comes to that but some day i wiil shrink it down and show every buddy out their all my finds my to wheetties my silver dime all my clad quarters,pennies all my float copper and garbedge too. becouse with out pic nobody looks at your post. pic's are everything.i hope that made sence. Lift loop

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I know I have dug a few old coins (my one and only large cent comes to mind) that the date was extreamly hard to read. Luckily I know something about coins and knew what era my coin came from, from deductive resoning, some water to bring out details better, I was finaly able to make out 1851. Now my brother was (who lives in Fla, and im in Ohio) was trying to tell the the date of a LC that my oldest brother found back in 1977, when he was looking at the coin (well worn) he gave me a few dates, until I had him describe the lady on the coin, with the number of stars ect.. we were able to pinpoint the date a tad better. So it is possable for this poster to have made an honest mistake when giving the dates. I have looked at worn coins before and seen all kinds of dates off the same coin. And if someone is new or unfamiliar with coin types, it doesn't make it any easier. Not posting a picture after you state your going to, doesn't help with making people believers though. Just my 2 cents...HH.....Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeremeysmom23 Congrats !

I hope you can get the Pictures up.

If your Large cent is US it may be 1799
not 1899

Jeff

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does it look like this ?

!3d_1.jpg

or This ?

!e77d_1_sbl.jpg

OP
OP
jeremeysmom23

jeremeysmom23

Greenie
Apr 10, 2008
biloxi,mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Here's for those wanting to see the coins. Sorry took so long to upload. Will send pictures of other coins later.

Attachments

• upload01.jpg
    upload01.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,344
  • upload02.jpg
    upload02.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,322

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds