6 More Silvers, 22 Wheats...Finally, A Couple of Videos...Enjoy!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello again Everyone!

Sorry, guys, I know this is becoming monotonous for all of you, but for me it's sheer excitement! :occasion18:

Yesterday morning, Jon(GoldenApples) and I decided to head to a park along the coast in order to stay cool. I could feel the humidity at the park, but we stayed under the shade of the trees a good amount of time. When I saw Jon wearing a black sleeveless jacket, I thought he was nuts. It turns out that the jacket was lined with gel ice packs, so he was feeling great all day.

After arriving at the park, I started to work under a large rubber tree, which was pushing 100 years old. I started pulling one wheatie after another. I would yell out "Wheatie!", while Jon just nodded. I proceeded to pull 12 wheats from under that tree without 1 silver. Finally, near the top of the dirt hill, I got an iffy signal. About 4" in the dirt, I recovered my first silver of the day. A 1916 Merc (no mintmark :-[), which was next to a rusty piece of iron. I was really happy because this was my fourth consecutive hunt with my new coil that I struck silver. So the streak stays alive. After cresting the dirt hill, we came upon a patch of grass. This grassy area turned out to be very productive. Within minutes, I pulled the chopped Rosie, then a merc, then another merc, and still another merc after that. Jon caught a couple of these merc digs on video. Hope you enjoy the video. The second part of the video shows me locating a tough signal next to an underground pipe. So, all in all, it was another awesome day in S. CA. The new SE Pro Coil is a Winner! It even helped Jon to find a silver coin yesterday. Check the second vid out for more details. ::)

Thanks for looking and watching the videos!

Stay well hydrated out there.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

http://www.vimeo.com/1267522?pg=embed&sec=1267522

[video=vimeo;1267554]http://www.vimeo.com/1267554[/video]

Attachments

• IMG_2836_sm.jpg
    IMG_2836_sm.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,451
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I wonder if there's a site on the Net where I can find out if the numbers on the band can lead me to a location/bird type, etc.

Ahhh, I found my bird type from the lettering on the band. The lettering was "BCRC", which from "birdpop.org" states is a Blue Crowned Chlorophonia.

From Wiki:
The Blue-crowned Chlorophonia (Chlorophonia occipitalis) is a species of bird in the Thraupidae family. It is found in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, and Nicaragua. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist montanes.

Very cool.

Attachments

• Blue-crowned_Chlorophonia.jpg
    Blue-crowned_Chlorophonia.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,010

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great videos and post Dan :thumbsup:
Congrats on that sweet silver.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great videos!! Keep em coming . . . . please ;D

Apparently the soil there was pretty coin friendly as those dimes look great, looks like the wheaties will cleanup nicely as well. I just bought the coil so I can't wait to get out there with it soon. I would really like to drive down some time and hang out with you guys for the day :)

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dan, you silver digging rascal! I saw your video on the California forum and it was great but I really enjoyed Goldenapples video. I must have missed his. Did he give you back your detector? :laughing7: The coil looks like a winner. I've been waiting for mine to arrive. Hope to see you out there soon.

HH Randy

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
RandyNorthridgeCa said:
Dan, you silver digging rascal! I saw your video on the California forum and it was great but I really enjoyed Goldenapples video. I must have missed his. Did he give you back your detector? :laughing7: The coil looks like a winner. I've been waiting for mine to arrive. Hope to see you out there soon.

HH Randy

Thanks Randy!! Yeah, he finally gave it back to me. ;D ;D He did find one silver with his machine that day. It would be good to see you again. I've been pulling quite a few silvers/wheats from a park you used to frequent. Probably close to 70 silvers from this one park, but they're all gone now.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Captn_SE said:
RandyNorthridgeCa said:

HH Randy

Thanks Randy!! Yeah, he finally gave it back to me. ;D ;D He did find one silver with his machine that day. It would be good to see you again. I've been pulling quite a few silvers/wheats from a park you used to frequent. Probably close to 70 silvers from this one park, but they're all gone now.

HH,

Mike invited me on the first day your crew went there. I should have gone :icon_pale: I'm sure you guys sucked most of the oldies out of there but I'm also sure you left a few. Please send a map with a red X of where in the park you were. Mark and I will go check to see if you missed any :icon_pirat: :laughing3: :laughing3:

See you soon.........

Capt'n
Dan

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great videos dan,

finally heading out here in about 20 minutes to use my pro coil - just watched your videos to get me psyched up !

take care,

kevin

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks, everyone, for all the great replies. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos, and hoped it inspired you to get out there and go detecting!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Dan,

Nice finds, as always. Thanks for the videos. You are always my inspiration. Every time I see one of your posts, I have to go out detecting. It never fails. Keep the fever high, and....

HH,

Dr. Ace

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go "SILVER SQUEEZER"!!! :thumbsup: You are amazing Dan.
Congrats to you and Jon on another great day. I really loved the videos too.
You're killing em' with that new coil.
What kind of gloves are those you guys wear? Anything special? Rubber grips?
Looking forward to you next post. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Congrats to you and Jon on the finds! The videos were great man! I like 'em.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Dan, my good friend, as always, the vids were AWESOME! You and Jon have a great time together and it shows in the recoveries that you film for us.

I can't get sick of seeing the Captain and his good buddy, goldenapples, posting handfuls of wilvers and other oldies. That coil is kicking some serious buttocks, my good friend! :thumbsup:

Now, get out there and film some more turf recoveries for us, my good buddy from Cali! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Kyle

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan, awesome silver & videos!
After watching those recoveries I want to get a Minelab and move west
to seek my fortune (but I think you have that area pretty well covered :))

Best of luck with your future hunts,
watercolor

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Great job man. Those 1916 Mercs always raise the heartbeat.
Chris

Thanks, Chris. Appreciate your reply. Yeah, when I saw it was a '16, I felt my heart beat a little faster.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
ModernMiner said:
Way to go "SILVER SQUEEZER"!!! :thumbsup: You are amazing Dan.
Congrats to you and Jon on another great day. I really loved the videos too.
You're killing em' with that new coil.
What kind of gloves are those you guys wear? Anything special? Rubber grips?
Looking forward to you next post. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Thanks, Doug. Glad you liked the vids. Hope you like your new gloves! I sure do!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread