Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will post pics later

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like in this case you didn't' get "trick" labeled 64 rolls, but rolls that did indeed before they were turned in contain '64s

OP
OP
hotrod

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
valuables.jpg great.jpg the finds

OP
OP
hotrod

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
each pile has 10

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
::groans:: oh man. I'm jealous. still trying to dump my 480 dollars of halves so I can buy another box.

Sweet Find. If someone has to find coinage I rather it be someone on this forum if I can't.

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do people find so many customer rolls? I ask every bank I go to and have yet to find any customer rolls of halves.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if the average bank teller distinguishes between a CWR and a MWR. They probably don't know where the rolls came from, just whether they have any or not. Unless you had a good relationship with a teller who understands that you are a "collector", asking specifically for rolls deposited by a customer would come across as odd.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do people find so many customer rolls? I ask every bank I go to and have yet to find any customer rolls of halves.
My area has CWR sometimes because there are no coin counting machines. If your in an area like NYC or NJ you will not find alot of CWR because they all go into the machines.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My area has CWR sometimes because there are no coin counting machines. If your in an area like NYC or NJ you will not find alot of CWR because they all go into the machines.
there are other reasons as well. In my area I have never seen a coin machine, except of course coinstar and you still cannot find any cwr.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're talking about rolls of halves, I'm not surprised that tellers don't have them, even if they don't have coin machines. I would think it's relatively rare for a customer to walk into a branch with a roll or more of halves to deposit (unless the customer is a CRHer who is dumping). The one bank I found that has rolls on hand only has MWRs, and I wonder what they are doing with them. Most branches I go to have very few halves, so I order boxes.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the find. I pulled 10-40's, a 64, and a Franklin today in a CWR. They are definitely better then boxes!

Attachments

• image-1054936431.jpg
    image-1054936431.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 119

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! I would prefer CWRs, if I could find any.

OP
OP
hotrod

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds lyfeguard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread