92 Sterling Silver pins in the Woods

Hey Chris, it was a great experience reading your Facebook posts over the last few weeks as you pulled a few each time you were out. There are 8 more out there somewhere. Now to solve the mystery of what they were for, and how they ended up in the woods begins.

Welcome to the forum, and I vote banner on this!

Very cool finds! congrats.

You hit the mother load of silver, congrats!!

wow, what an odd find. they must have been making them, or selling. googled CCS & didn't find anything that would fit time line. where are you located?

Well, at first my gut told me this was a ruse ... another "newbie posting an amazing haul to mess with us." But if Neil confirms your story, then DANG! Amazing! Truly truly amazing. :hello2:

Nice find, especially for a newbie! Can't wait for something like that, finding the history is the best part for me. I would think maybe it was a lot of a 100 too, but if they are all still there, maybe they were never issued. That would explain lack of info in research maybe.

Well awesome finds. Those are cool but don't know what they are. Lol.

Check for a school in your area with those Initials.

Last edited:
The pic of the pins neatly arranged is very cool. When you have to scroll down to view the entire set of pins, it definitely = banner.

where you at you in the US or somewhere else?

sorry didnt see your post i see where ya are now

Tried going after it by the hallmark? There are some here that are very knowledgable on them.

Just my opinion but I would look for a Central School that has a Spartan or other roman type for a mascot.

Awsome finds - hope you find more of them - most of go our whole lives and never find a cache like that

Nice find

It appears the pins may be a sports pin from the CCS School (Calvary Baptist Church). They have a Spartin logo.

is there such as thing as Community Christian schools ?

I wonder of someone screwed up on the logo & it scared them ? :tongue3:

Nice find....maybe you can send me one if this helps you out any.
Roman Catholic High in Philadelphia founded in 1890 by Thomas E. Cahill. They are called "Roman" .. although their sports teams are the Cahillites. I would guess they are championship pins or graduation pins because of the four stars. But I can't find anything that definitively refers to CCS. It could be Center City Sports, Cahillites Catholic Sports. Cahillites Champion Sports.....It could be anything. But from the age, the area and the history....I'm gonna bet you should start there. Also if you can go to your local library and get on Sanborn Fire Maps you maybe able to find what stood on that property. Maybe a jeweler. You can also try Historicmapworks.com and use their overlay feature to see some property names.
What a great find and awesome mystery. Good luck. Keep us updated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back