A buddy found this, railroad related, no idea.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• soolinetoken.jpg
    soolinetoken.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 839
Upvote 0

Troyounce

Nov 18, 2003
Clyde,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
GP3000
TESORO LOBO
GARRETT GTI 2500 + Eagle eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to try a railroad forum and one of the guys in the "know might be able to tell you what it is!

Good luck!

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sealing a boxcar? I believe you but it seems a little small for a boxcar.

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mitch1FL said:
Box car seal. :)

I agree with Mitch1FL. 9 out of 10 it's a lead boxcar seal. I am not sure when they started using lead seals (not much on the internet, either. :dontknow:) but I believe most railroads used them until the 30's-40's when they changed to iron or steel strips. Years passed, and they began using the hard plastic strips that are used today. As for the railroad, obvously it was used on the SOO line, which was founded in 1949 and ran from North Dakota to Michigan via Chicago. Hope this helps!

-ncsilverspider

michaelorange

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These lead seals where used by railroads pre Civil war and into the1920's maybe later. The number on the back was to Identify the station that sealed the lock. The Car locks used with these seals had a small hole in the body and hasp that the wire went though.
If you would like to learn about the EH&N visit this link http://www.railroadkeys.com/history/EHNRR.html

Attachments

• Seal Lock.jpg
    Seal Lock.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 706

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread