a couple of oldies i found

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
this was the result of 50% luck, and 50% HARD work....the luck...i was walking through a woods and randomly stumbled upon an old sandtone surrounded spring. (I think). its definitely man-made. the hard work was scouring the area with my detector, and through the jagger-bushes. finding mostly junk. these finds did not come easy but it was so worth it! when i found the dime i knew it wasnt a roosie, or a mercury...or a barber..i could see just a bit of the bottom of her dress..it was a long wait till i got home to clean it without scratching it. its only the second seated dime ive ever found, and it is the oldest dime ive ever found. the other coin (canadian 5 cent silver) was also a nice find, i thought for sure it was a shotgun shell and i almost didnt dig it, and i was pretty tired at the time and careless, but luckily i didnt scratch it. all that is left of the date is an 8 as the last digit so its an 1898 at the latest. also in this area i found a 1914 barber dime, a wheat, and an IH, but that was on a previous hunt than the pic. none of these coins was deeper than 4" or so, so virgin spots ARE still out there. it just takes tons of research and/or legwork (luck). i still have more work to do at this site. plus i will have an etrac to use soon so i am happy and hopeful for more interesting items to say the least.

good luck, and i hope this helps motivate you, as your posts and pics and videos motivate me.

Attachments

• well 3-24-11.JPG
    well 3-24-11.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are two beautiful silvers!

OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
thank you, and i want to thank you for your site. i was looking at it this past weekend. i really appreciate that info. i will have a lot of learning to do and im looking forward to it.

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good recoveries and research :icon_thumright:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking silvers. :icon_thumright:

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Very Nice! ... Good WORK! "jagger-bushes" ?!?!.... are you from western PA?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moonshine said:
thank you, and i want to thank you for your site. i was looking at it this past weekend. i really appreciate that info. i will have a lot of learning to do and im looking forward to it.
thank you for the kind words, hope u find something helpful on my site!

OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
thanks for the kind words folks...good luck out there!

jagger-bushes" ?!?!.... are you from western PA

LOL thats really perceptive of you.... born in Pittsburgh ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread