a couple of oldies i found

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
this was the result of 50% luck, and 50% HARD work....the luck...i was walking through a woods and randomly stumbled upon an old sandtone surrounded spring. (I think). its definitely man-made. the hard work was scouring the area with my detector, and through the jagger-bushes. finding mostly junk. these finds did not come easy but it was so worth it! when i found the dime i knew it wasnt a roosie, or a mercury...or a barber..i could see just a bit of the bottom of her dress..it was a long wait till i got home to clean it without scratching it. its only the second seated dime ive ever found, and it is the oldest dime ive ever found. the other coin (canadian 5 cent silver) was also a nice find, i thought for sure it was a shotgun shell and i almost didnt dig it, and i was pretty tired at the time and careless, but luckily i didnt scratch it. all that is left of the date is an 8 as the last digit so its an 1898 at the latest. also in this area i found a 1914 barber dime, a wheat, and an IH, but that was on a previous hunt than the pic. none of these coins was deeper than 4" or so, so virgin spots ARE still out there. it just takes tons of research and/or legwork (luck). i still have more work to do at this site. plus i will have an etrac to use soon so i am happy and hopeful for more interesting items to say the least.

good luck, and i hope this helps motivate you, as your posts and pics and videos motivate me.

Attachments

• well 3-24-11.JPG
    well 3-24-11.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0
Those are two beautiful silvers!

thank you, and i want to thank you for your site. i was looking at it this past weekend. i really appreciate that info. i will have a lot of learning to do and im looking forward to it.

Good recoveries and research :icon_thumright:

Nice looking silvers. :icon_thumright:

Very Nice! ... Good WORK! "jagger-bushes" ?!?!.... are you from western PA?

moonshine said:
thank you, and i want to thank you for your site. i was looking at it this past weekend. i really appreciate that info. i will have a lot of learning to do and im looking forward to it.
thank you for the kind words, hope u find something helpful on my site!

thanks for the kind words folks...good luck out there!

jagger-bushes" ?!?!.... are you from western PA

LOL thats really perceptive of you.... born in Pittsburgh ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back