A COUPLE OF OLDIES IN TACOMA

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
It has been awhile since I have hunted or posted, but have gotten out the past month 3 or 4 times. Mainly hunting in beautiful downtown Tacoma. Did find a 1877 Seated Dime yesterday! I am still kind of shaking my head as they are rather rare finds for these parts. The 1855 French Dime has me scratching my head also. Although last spring I found a Barber Dime not to far from that spot so there is some old loot around. But finding any silver around here is really tough. The Brass Shell medallion I especially like and the Sea Tac Shipbuilding mail tag is a keeper. The bullet appears to have been fired out of an octagon barrel?? The large silver bracelet, is like huge. I can't imagine even wearing it. I found that on the old alley way of this property which is used quite heavily I'm sure after dark by the people who run around after dark. Anyway, using a 4" coil has been the only way I can navigate through the mess there. Also going very very slow.

mcmurphi

Attachments

• Nov Dec MD Finds.jpg
    Nov Dec MD Finds.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,315
  • MD dec 09.jpg
    MD dec 09.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,309
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Love the 1887 Seated! :) I have not been in Tacoma in a long time! JuJu has been busy moving and so has my family! Its been a busy year so far for 2010. I hope you can hunt a lot in 2010! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mcmurphi

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
oddcoins said:
WOW ~ very nice finds! That bracelette is a big ol' hunk of silver! Congrat's on the Seated Dime!

What are the tokens you found? I LOVE TOKENS!!

Oh those tokens were modern and and an electrocuted 50's good luck. It was so mangled I just wanted to see more detail. So not any good tokens like you guys fish out out down there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread