bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks, I went back to the quarry owned farm today where I found my third eagle plate last week. I managed a few more bullets including a gardner, a burnside, and a nice three ringer. Also found an E.Miller & Co. lantern piece, some buttons, including the BIGGEST large flat button I've ever found, some type of brass tap, and some type of linked whats it.
dayoff.......jpg
dayoff.....jpg
dayoff........jpg
dayoff....jpg
dayoff...jpg
dayoff.jpg
dayoff......jpg
dayoffburnside.jpg
dayoffbullets.jpg
dayoff..jpg
dayoff.......jpg
After lunch I went on a part of the property I hadn't been on yet, but was told that a main wagon road used to go through there and had an accompanying old stone wall. After walking a good bit I finally found it. It was getting late in the day so I didn't get a lot of time to hunt this area but it looks like it has great potential for coins and what not. I did manage to find what looks to be a scabbard tip. I found that and a ton of those blasted old shotgun caps. Sorry Turtlefoot, I know you love em, but they are the bane of my detecting endeavors in the woods. You just have to dig em cuz they sound so good. I also found this nice set of 8 point antlers.
dayoffantlers.jpg
The last pic is a crazy looking shot of an area of the quarry where they have basically mined out an enormous cave area. For what reason I'm not sure.
dayoffquarry.jpg

Upvote 0

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I love those 3 ringers!!! GREAT FINDS

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs, will look forward to your future posts to see what else you uncover. HH and good luck!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I think you your linked piece is a Rein Guid :icon_thumleft:

SS