A Few More Before the Freeze; 93rd Reg. Etc

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out twice in the past two days, as that dreaded winter freeze up is coming way too quickly. Monday I headed out by myself to a spot Patriot and I hit a few times this year that I'd gotten a CT copper etc at. Well, between a flat tire about a KM or two from the site and some heavy rains, I only got an hour or so in. Did manage another East India Trading Co coin, the other half to a condor token I had found earlier this year there, and the oar lock and a few odds and ends down slope from the site heading to the beach.
Today headed out with Patriot and Hans to the site we found all the 93rd goodies at. It didn't disappoint with seemingly even more targets. I managed another shako plate, a couple more militia buttons, a neat lock with a stylised fleur-dis-lis design, pith helmet spike, some sort of name plate? that says UXBRIDGE, chewed bullet etc. Also found some evidence of earlier times with musketballs and flat buttons.
002.JPG
006.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
Anyone have any idea what this item is, that has a handle sticking off a loop of some sort?
007.JPG

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice haul of relics, congrats on the 93rd Inf. plate 8)

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy the amount of shako plates that came out of that site (6 total now)... nice group of finds there... your machine doesn't let you down! :icon_thumright: hopefully the weather will hold out and we'll get out again and try to hit that other fields for some french finds ;D

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
Brass piece is off horse bridal bit. You have to show me that lock. I'm just cleaning up my finds now. Hard to believe how much is in the ground there. :headbang:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice batch of finds, Love that plate! I see now some 93rds have numerical, some have Roman 1871s ???
Congrats on finding 'the other half' :laughing7:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
That's crazy the amount of shako plates that came out of that site (6 total now)... nice group of finds there... your machine doesn't let you down! :icon_thumright: hopefully the weather will hold out and we'll get out again and try to hit that other fields for some french finds ;D
And even crazier we each found 2! I'm pretty happy with my machine overall, I make the finds some I'm happy! I hope the weather stays like this till spring...if only we were that lucky :D

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hans R Dirty said:
Brass piece is off horse bridal bit. You have to show me that lock. I'm just cleaning up my finds now. Hard to believe how much is in the ground there. :headbang:
The locks pretty toasty but seems like it would still work if it had the key! That site is just loaded with finds, and i imagine digging a 4'x4' pit somewhere around the fence would yield a lot of interesting finds, bottles too. So many signals in that area!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice diggs.

Awesome site that is. kinda rare to be getting more signals after a couple / few visits. Hard to say what might still be there.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hans R Dirty said:
.........Half of a bit :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Hans R Dirty said:
.........Half of a bit :thumbsup:

or a bit of a bit :laughing9: :icon_thumright:

Another good haul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread