A few questions about half dollar hunting

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am about to get my first set of half dollars from the bank I just have a few questions first.

1. Is half dollars in a bag bad to buy from the bank if they are not rolled?

2. I know that 1964 and before are 90% silver, 1965-1970 are 40% are there any specific dates to keep an eye out for?

3. Can I return the coins to the another bank in a bag or do I have to reroll?

4. What are the odds I will or will not find silver in $500 worth of halves.

5. Should I sell the coins on eBay or to a store in my area and if so what type of store?

I'm interested in hearing if you guys found anything on your first hunt and if so what it was. Also any other tips is appreciated!

MoneyBags!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have been buying two half dollar rolls about twice a month for the past year. so far i have collected 24 40% coins and 1 90%. there was a 2 month stretch where i did not get any silver and then i got a roll with 4 40% coins. happy huntin.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
That is not even relevant to racism, just saying.
:)

Well yes, but I'm just sayng that as something related to the topic (Farchaus is Sicilian, so why shouldn't I say that my neighbor is). Do we have to conserve space now? If we do, then why do you write so big?

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of you guys need a trip to the spa, or the shooting range...everone is so uptight. Lol.

Welcome to the game...hopr you find a truck load of siver...but only a tonka truck. Lol
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread