A "Fossil" of a Metal Detector

Celtic Crusader

Jun 21, 2006
A "Fossil" of a Metal Detector

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information on a metal detector I just recieved from my grandma. It is a Solid State 'Treasure Hunter' model TH-30K. I've searched google and ebay (current selling prices?) several times but nothing turned up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• md.JPG
    md.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 424
  • md1.JPG
    md1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 443
  • md2.JPG
    md2.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A "Fossil" of a Metal Detector

wow Smithsonian material

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Wow, I can honestly say I haven't seen one quite that old. Might be worth a pretty penny to the right buyer!

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005

That looks familiar. I think I have seen one in my old (60's) magazines. I will look and get back to you.

Mark S.

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005

Looked thru a bunch of magazines and have not run across it yet. I will keep looking. I know I have seen it somewhere. The way the coil is attached is what sticks in my head. I may be looking to far back as you said "solid state". I will expand my search.

I collect old detectors and have a bunch of old catalogs and magazines for just this reason. Just cannot seem to find this one and I know I have seen it. So now I am on a quest!!!

Mark S.

OP
OP
Celtic Crusader

Celtic Crusader

Jun 21, 2006

Ok, so after talking to my dad about the history of the MD, he gave me some insight to where he thought it might have come from. He thought it was a kit that you had to put together from Radio Shack around 1970, and I just left it at that, haha. I hope that sheads some more light on your quest. I also think it will end up on the auction block here in the next few weeks, and I will post when I get time to list it. Thanx, CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread