A GOOD DAY DIVING THE 1715 FLEET!!!

yank1780

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2010
I was lucky enough to be on the beach when GOHO pulled up the swivel gun and gold coins. I was even luckier to be let on board the boat to check out the items up close and personal. A big congrats and thank you for the adrenaline rush I got watching you guys find treasure. Good luck on future hunts.

LO

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Very cool :icon_thumright: Quite a handful you found there. Congrats!

Maine_Jim

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOHO said:
Thanks everyone for the congrats, But i have to mention that without my crew and my investors I wouldn't be out there finding this stuff..

All the treasure found by my company GOLD HOUND will be divided 50/50 with the new owners of the 1715 fleet after the state of Florida receives their donation of 20%.

The only detector i use when i'm diving the fleet is an Aqua-Pulse. Nothing else can come close to the depth of this detector. I am also a dealer for them along with Bill Seliger of EO industries if your interested in purchasing one...

The 22 gold coins were scattered in a small area under the Swivel Gun... I had to chisel some of them out of cracks on the bottom but i have to say it was a real thrill diving and every hit i got on the detector was a gold coin...

Thanks again to my friends on Tnet for all the kind words... I will keep you posted on any new finds...

Nice finds! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Wish that I had some Florida beach/waters to hunt...

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Outstanding Greg!!! Truly amazing!!!! I am really happy for you…It most feel very good….Ahh? What an achievement !!!!

Thanks for keeping our hopes high.

All the best,

Chagy.......

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Greg,

I have a question….Was this a random find by blowing on an area of interest or was this a mag hit?

All the best,

Chagy…..

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hey Guys... Just in..
Greg just called from the Conservation Lab and they are finding MORE GOLD coins encrusted to the Cannon!!! Still waiting for a headcount on the coins but... the real news is... the CANNON is BRONZE!!!

Woot Woot!
APOLLA

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Pictures From the Lab!!

Attachments

• labjuly1.jpg
    labjuly1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 6,467
  • labjuly2.jpg
    labjuly2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6,466
  • labjuly3.jpg
    labjuly3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 6,435

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pics...
Such a beautiful thing...gold and bronze.

Can't wait to see the marking on the cannon...

Thanks for the update Apolla...
Congrats again.

Trez

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Cannon update: coins are in barrel of bronze Cannon found. So far they pulled 25 gold coins and 32 silver ones outta the barrel! And...still going!

Attachments

• labjuly.jpg
    labjuly.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6,295

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Greg will update ya'll later with the details.. Im just keeping ya'll up to date with pics and the coin count. I dont want to steal his Spotlight... :-*

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been watching you guys for a long time,you did great,keep up the finds.wish I was there.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there must be some good gold like you found there, just S of Sebastian Inlet...off the N end of that State recreation beach. But, probably is too close to state owned land to get it.

Where was this 1715 Fleet site at you worked?

I'll bet Florida still has plenty of gold to find...nice work! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread