A GOOD DAY DIVING THE 1715 FLEET!!!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C

Cappy Z.

..I always expect that the 'good stuff' is never reported...and I don't mean to imply this a bad thing..God knows the govt is nothing but common criminals... :icon_thumleft:

C

Cappy Z.

Apolla said:
We are now up to 45 gold coins and 52 silver coins in the cannon.

..let me be the last to say Apolla...you are a real treasure.... 8)

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greg can retire after this summer.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...is that 45 including the original 22 or a total of 67. Please keep the updates coming...can't wait to see the new coins cleaned up.

Thanks

NJ

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, Apolla. Everyone says 1715 treasure is a bygone era. We now have hope again :icon_thumleft:

C

Cappy Z.

..I think Apolla is a worthy of a banner....and I dare ANY pirate here to disagree...!

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I guess it goes to show you that persistance is the key to success in life. Forget "TODAYS THE DAY" if you ask me... its "NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS"!

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
I have always heard of stories about cannons packed with treasure but to find one is absolutely amazing.... Today we watched Bill Moore the conservator at the Mel Fisher Museum as he pulled Gold and Silver coins out of the breach of the Bronze Swivel Gun we found a couple days ago... He pulled 25 Gold and 38 Silver Coins and still there is more cleaning to do... Our total count so far is 48 Gold Two Escudos and 45 Silver four's and Eight's and a Bronze Gun...

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!! :hello2:

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Greg, this absolutely FANTABULOUS!! and it just doesnt end. I have a feeling that this is not just an isolated find, but the start of something even bigger. Talk to you soon.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely the cannon was stored in the hold next to some chests of coins.Being the breach was open when the ship wrecked and the coins came out of their chests,or the chests broke or got crushed from debris from above they ended up in the breach of the cannon.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Most likely the cannon was stored in the hold next to some chests of coins.Being the breach was open when the ship wrecked and the coins came out of their chests,or the chests broke or got crushed from debris from above they ended up in the breach of the cannon.

Or they were contraband hidden in the cannon.

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
The cannons muzzle was plugged by an unknown substance and the coins appeared to have been placed there maybe in a sack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread