A GOOD DAY DIVING THE 1715 FLEET!!!

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trez said:
FISHEYE said:
Trez,

The photos are still here.You must be going blind with your old age.

Fisheye...
Am I missing something? there was a pic with the dated cannon, pic of the 4's and 8's reales, and another pic of those shiny gold flat looking things :laughing9: sitting in containers...said Cabin wreck on it. hmmmm, me blind or my puter is.

Trez

Your right...they must have a good reason they pulled them down.

Maybe they are in talks with the Discovery Channel to do a special...have to keep something for the money shot...or in this case the doubloons shot.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I can't see that beeing the issue. The photos were not that great. The canon one was nice.

I am sure Greg and the guys will give us a few more to drool over.

Robert

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now i see they are gone,i had the page up and was just reloading it,pics were otto focus.I would have pulled them down too.With a great find like that,you need quality pics cause they are gonna go all over the world.You dont want to be known for shoddy photography work :laughing9:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RGecy said:
I can't see that beeing the issue. The photos were not that great. The canon one was nice.

I am sure Greg and the guys will give us a few more to drool over.

Robert

Robert
I was half joking about the Discovery Channel but I would love to see someone do a special about their work and finds. I think it would make for some very interesting/educational TV which we don't have enough of these days.
NJ

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o

AMAZING :o

when people talk of Treasure the mind thinks of shipwrecks, and the cargo it carried, pieces of eight, Gold dubloons and Cannons spring to mind... you have just posted the true meaning of this site...Treasure :notworthy:

thanks for showing it :headbang:

SS

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on your success! It's encouraging for us beach guys to know stuff is still there, despite the slim pickins' on our beaches.

Now if Indian River county had better access................

Bill

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
What a find! Being new to Florida...about an hour away from yall, this is a great story to hear! Thanks for sharing this incredible find with us here on T-net!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi there--I hunt for the gold in its natural state--nuggets in particular; however, this is one fascinating thread about finding gold in coin form, along with some fascinating artifacts--congratulations!

All the best with your search and conservation efforts,

Lanny

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
I am not sure if I am correct on facts but did Greg not find gold coins on the beach after a storm many years ago? Maybe they came from the same "pocket" as the gun? If its the same beach....worth magging the first few feet of water and moving the sand. Amazing find, congrats!

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
When I went and looked at the Mayflower 2 at Plymouth Rock, they had one iron falconette on display with the ship that looked sort of like that gun. It was stubby, more like the mortarette in legnth. Unfortunately, the picture I took of it turned out blurred.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet dreams are made of this living the dream dude living the dream

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would really like to hear more,only 2.5 hours up the turnpike would like to visit if possible.Former 3 time Happy Mel Fisher investor 98,99,2000 :icon_sunny:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apolla said:
Cannon update: coins are in barrel of bronze Cannon found. So far they pulled 25 gold coins and 32 silver ones outta the barrel! And...still going!

A li'l smuggling going on?

Zatara

Jul 31, 2010
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make note that today marks the 295th anniversary of the sinking of the Plate Fleet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread