Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I haven't posted any of my finds here in awhile and I hope that everyone enjoys seeing this one. I love to hunt Native Artifacts and older Relics out in the bush and came across this coin beside a portage that has been used for years and years. I don't get too many signals while bush whacking so I dig everything that goes beep. This coin was a few inches under some mud and rocks on the edge of the river. I can't believe that I actually found this while looking for Artifacts, found a nice little stone knife for my troubles that day as well. This is probably my first and last gold coin that I will ever find but will be returning to pound the heck out of that site again this Fall or early Spring. Maybe the person who lost this years ago had more in his pockets that day? This is by far the oldest coin that I have ever found and was shaking for hours after digging it. Thanks for looking and good luck to all of you in your future hunts. :headbang:
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

Upvote 86

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can imagine a trapper coming back from selling his furs and something makes him end up in river and the coin came out of his pouch. Awesome find.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All them lonely places around and you hit the traffic spot.
Well done Sir!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the Banner!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can honestly say, "this is the first gold coin I ever seen posted that was actually found in Ontario soil"! Gives me hope that there's more to be found here then just shotgun shells and square nails!
Congrats Backbacon, beautiful find man!
:occasion14:
Dave

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. Nice multi-tasking. Any artifacts?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am drooling over that coin! Nice to see a gold coin found in Canada, very inspiring...

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
Very nice find.I have found a seated dime once out of a road project in Canada once so i guess anything is possible.

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy that's a winner. Take the rest of the day off. Congrats.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't this hobby amazing! What a beautiful coin! Congrats on banner, well deserved!!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that coin looks great!! It doesn't look like it has been tumbling around too much. I wonder if it washed out of a bank upstream a bit? I would definitely be hitting that area well asap.

Congratulations!
Steve

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on your find out in the woods! Always a great moment finding a lil' yeller disc in the wilderness of all places!I'd check the area out real throughly if it were me as there's more to be found there I'm sure.HH......

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a second.. You are usually finding ancient artifacts? Now you find this gold coin?? You are the man. I would still be shaking from seeing that pop out of the ground. Congratulations on a great find. It sure shines up on top!
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
Backbacon

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait a second.. You are usually finding ancient artifacts? Now you find this gold coin?? You are the man. I would still be shaking from seeing that pop out of the ground. Congratulations on a great find. It sure shines up on top!
HH
TnMtns

I recovered a Jasperlite Knife the same day.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congradulations on the banner, my friend....well deserved. Now find the cache of beaver plews he lost!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Backbacon

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't wait to get back there, may not be until next year though. Believe it or not I have another spot that I would like to hit first before the freeze up and hopefully this weekend I'll make it there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread