North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little silver, asst'd do-dads, AND a video! @@

Here are a few asst'd finds from this last week, with a 59' Rosie being the highlight. Whoopie! :wink: I found it out in the middle of the field at the 1830's CW house.
The other items are just asst'd digs.
*Any idea what the narrow yellowish piece could have been? It looks to be ivory possibly. :icon_scratch:

I bought me a cheap video camera to hopefully document some of my future adventures. Hopefully I can get this movie making thing down. Here is my first attempt from today. (No laughing please) ;D
http://www.box.net/shared/a618jxfpco

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 924
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 917
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 914
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 917
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 913
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 908
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 899
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A little silver, asst'd do-dads, AND a video! @@

grasshopper said:
great video!!! i found the same play token last week! it says grimland or something like that, right??

That's exactly what it says. ;D
-MM-

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Hey Doug
That piece of bone has me intrigued alittle. I don't know why I even associate it with this but a fishnet comes to mind. American indian maybe. I would show it to someone in the know on that kind of thing. Good find.
Chris

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Great video !!!! For a first time video you are well beyond the 8 track. :icon_king:

Digging and trying to video is hard to keep steady.... you did very well.( better than me) :-[

Nice bunch of finds also.

Good job.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

plehbah said:
Your bone piece could be the broken handle to a bone toothbrush. It could also just be a fragment of a rib.

Does it seem intentionally highly polished?

Plehbah,
Yep, it looks polished. It's very smooth.
-MM-

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Hey Doug
That piece of bone has me intrigued alittle. I don't know why I even associate it with this but a fishnet comes to mind. American indian maybe. I would show it to someone in the know on that kind of thing. Good find.
Chris

Chris,
Funny you mentioned that. I was just talking to one of the old timers who owns land next door to the spot I found this at. In his woods is an area he referred to as "Indian Hill". He said they used to find all kinds of arrowheads in there.
You may be onto something here?
Thanks,
Doug

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't want to sound a smuck, but here's a good tip I picked up when doing gardens etc..

If you dig a 3 edge plug & hinge back the grass then it leave some of the routes attached & then the grass can recover quickier.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dimeman said:
Great video !!!! For a first time video you are well beyond the 8 track. :icon_king:

Digging and trying to video is hard to keep steady.... you did very well.( better than me) :-[

Good job.

Thanks Dimeman.
My wife thinks I'm nuts videoing these things. :tongue3: ;D
-MM-

CRUSADER said:
Don't want to sound a schmuck, but here's a good tip I picked up when doing gardens etc..
If you dig a 3 edge plug & hinge back the grass then it leave some of the routes attached & then the grass can recover quicker.

Thanks Crusader. You don't sound like a schmuck. I've learned a LOT here on TN and much of it has really come in handy in the field for me. Sometimes I do dig 3-sided plugs, but in some of these areas with tree roots the 4-sided plugs work much better for me.
On a 3-sided plug, that fourth side a lot of times still has roots attached and it tends to act like a spring on the plug and flip back into the hole.
Also, on manicured grass areas I only use a small digging tool. This mini shovel works great in all other areas though.
Now if I can just get a Roman coin dig on video. ;D :wink:
Thanks,
MM

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
Here are a few asst'd finds from this last week, with a 59' Rosie being the highlight. Whoopie! :wink: I found it out in the middle of the field at the 1830's CW house.
*Any idea what the narrow yellowish piece could have been? It looks to be ivory possibly. :icon_scratch:

I bought me a cheap video camera to hopefully document some of my future adventures. Hopefully I can get this movie making thing down. Here is my first attempt from today. (No laughing please) ;D

Thanks for looking,
MM

Nice Job Doug and congrats on your first video, you did quite well for your freshman debut! :wink: Now I will have somebody else that can share videos along with myself. It really is cool to be able to document your finds in this way.

P.S.--Good job on the old lady with the flowers. She looks pretty lifelike if I do say so myself :wink: :)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good job filming and digging its hard. I tried it once and did not even bother to post it.

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
ModernMiner said:

Thanks for looking,
MM

Nice Job Doug and congrats on your first video, you did quite well for your freshman debut! :wink: Now I will have somebody else that can share videos along with myself. It really is cool to be able to document your finds in this way.

P.S.--Good job on the old lady with the flowers. She looks pretty lifelike if I do say so myself :wink: :)

Thanks Josh.
I enjoy your videos too. :thumbsup:
As far as the old lady, she's no Angela Jolie, but she makes some great bisquits. :tongue3:
-Doug-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pookie said:
nice finds. cool video too. :) i wish to find stuff like that in my yard... my house is that old. :headbang:

Thanks Pookie.
If your house is that old, no doubt you'll be digging up a LOT of nice stuff. Can't wait to see. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice assortment of finds, Doug and a great first video. Keep 'em coming! :icon_king:

Your polished bone thingy made me think of a sewing awl or weaving shuttle. :icon_scratch:

HH

S

Scots Gaelic

Congrats! Nice finds. Thanks for the vid, I enjoyed watching. Hope you create more.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

ModernMiner said:
Dimeman said:

Good job.

Thanks Dimeman.
My wife thinks I'm nuts videoing these things. :tongue3: ;D
-MM-

When you video you finding and digging up a nice gold with diamonds ring ,that fits her finger, she won't think you are nuts any longer..... :icon_king: :thumbsup:

Nice work on your goodies you found. !!!

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Digs...The Pics and Video were cool. Can't wait to see your next one. Congrats on your finds. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread