The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking back at the year 2009 it was a good one.....It had its ups and downs but while out detecting the Coins and Relics were great....Hitting 40 large coppers was not to be expected but it turned out to be a fantastic surprise.... :) From the silver coins , Indian heads cents to the V and Buffalo Nickles......hunting those old cellar holes has always and will always be my passion......."Bringing History back to Life" is the goal I set each and every time I step out my door and head off to detect with friends. The hobby of Metal Detecting is just one of many hobbies! Most people show some sort of interest in some respective hobby and it keeps them satisfied ( at least I hope). The satisfaction of finding an old coin, amazing piece of jewelry or even a great Civil War Relic.....is unmatched in my book. Sharing your experiences with others is also what makes this hobby such an interesting passion......So many others like it and indulge in it each and everyday, just look at the amazing finds on this site.... :icon_thumleft:....That is why I'm sharing some of the finds that have made this years detecting, one that will always be remembered...........:wink:

Happy New Year.............. John

test coin.jpg

test pic.jpg

test 3.jpg

The pictures below are some of the places and conditions we detected......

test 4.jpg

Upvote 0

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent Year and Nice post.

Best of Detecting 2010,

Nova Treasure

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....And the SNY Plate :thumbsup: Beautiful save's all around there John.Great presentation......look's like you had some great place's to hunt too.Very Best of Luck to you in 2010'

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
John,
I can't imagine the hoard of stuff you have collected. :icon_pirat: I agree - it's the history that is so intriguing with this hobby.

You found a lot of nice old coins. This is the first year that neither Nate or I have found a seated coin. However it has been a busy year.

Good luck in 2010.

Bob

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great presentation of your year John! It's always great to see someone else that has the same passion that many of the rest of us share!

Wishing you the best in 2010!

Ironman!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply.....

AMAZING!

You're one of the best, John! It's always a pleasure to see what you've found.

Happy New Year!!!! Look forward to seeing your 2010 finds!

Nana :wink:

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, i am green with envy. Wow what a year for you. That is amazing.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read Lance's write up in W&E. :notworthy: You guys did good! :icon_pirat: Love that necklace! Great pictures too! :icon_thumright:

Nana :wink:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some fantastic relics and coins! Congrats. Can't wait to see more from my neighbors in NY. Hogge

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John...your story leads me to believe your one of the rare good guys left.

Please write more educational inspiring threads.

Even some of these Veterans here need to be tutored.

Great year!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn nice layout, would look great as a calendar!
Carl

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You definitely had a year to remember. Do you dig many King George coppers in your neck of the woods? I noticed that you dig a lot of Coronet cents though. I was just curious to the fact.

Kirk

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
You definitely had a year to remember. Do you dig many King George coppers in your neck of the woods? I noticed that you dig a lot of Coronet cents though. I was just curious to the fact.

Kirk
You would think there are more here in Western New York......But they are here! Depending on the site and area you are hunting , you will come across them. The Coronets , flowing haired , Connecticut and New Jersey coppers seem to be more plentiful. The state coppers are found, like you know at most of the earliest sites (1700 to early 1800's). Coronets are everywhere, sometimes deep and sometimes not. Its those sites where the coins are deep is where the oldest coins turn up in most cases. Hope all is well in your part of the world, here in NY were in the deep freeze . Winter is here and the ground is froze....tiem for research and clean those finds that have been sitting on my desk......

Keep on Digging!!! John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread