seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I am a mder, not coin roller but the other day I took my daughter to a arcade shop by me (indiana) and their games takes quarters so they have a change machine that changes cash for quarters, thought of yous guys and thought Id mention it. Hope it helps, happy hunting.

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am a mder, not coin roller but the other day I took my daughter to a arcade shop by me (indiana) and their games takes quarters so they have a change machine that changes cash for quarters, thought of yous guys and thought Id mention it. Hope it helps, happy hunting.

This was actually brought up a couple days ago. It's a great idea for non bank CRH

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was CoinCrazed that would hunt the vending machines by feeding bills and getting change in return.

Just a warning, that doesn't work on all machines.. it will either give your dollar back or force you to vend something. It would be better to feed it a dime or a nickel and hit return.

I filled Pepsi machines for a living, and I would think that's a waste of time. I see the changers of 100-120 machines a week and I've never found a silver quarter, a silver dime every other week, and a war nickel about once a week.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
PhattyB said:
Just a warning, that doesn't work on all machines.. it will either give your dollar back or force you to vend something. It would be better to feed it a dime or a nickel and hit return.

I filled Pepsi machines for a living, and I would think that's a waste of time. I see the changers of 100-120 machines a week and I've never found a silver quarter, a silver dime every other week, and a war nickel about once a week.

I second that. I do it just for fun. Usually you can get away with it as long as you don't put the full amount for vending in it.

Example, a drink is $1.50. Put in < $1.50, you can get the money back. More than $1.50, you have to vend something. I haven't gotten any silver from a vending machine. I have gotten several really nice looking quarters for my quarter books, and 1 clad 2004-S proof dime. That's all though.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every now and then i will go to one of those self service car washes at like 11pm and clean out all the machines of quarters,

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
kevinbomb123 said:
Every now and then i will go to one of those self service car washes at like 11pm and clean out all the machines of quarters,

Ever find any silver or proofs?

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think the odds would be just as good as anything else. Just a small sample size is all....

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I've done that once at a soda machine located at the park where lots of 10-13 year old kids "play" or whatever you want to call it. Bought a soda, then did my work. Probably stuck through close to $55 through it resulting in a clad proof state quarter, but nothing else. (at about 6 AM)

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
The first silver coin I ever found was at the car wash on my old road. I used to get quarters there for the coin op laundry in my apartment. I searched every hand full for about two years until I finally found a silver quarter. That was the beginning of an addiction. - Jonathan

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've had some good luck finding silver in vending machines, i've found 2-3 silver dimes, a silver quarter, and a war nickel in the past 6 years
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread