seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I am a mder, not coin roller but the other day I took my daughter to a arcade shop by me (indiana) and their games takes quarters so they have a change machine that changes cash for quarters, thought of yous guys and thought Id mention it. Hope it helps, happy hunting.

Upvote 0
Hi I am a mder, not coin roller but the other day I took my daughter to a arcade shop by me (indiana) and their games takes quarters so they have a change machine that changes cash for quarters, thought of yous guys and thought Id mention it. Hope it helps, happy hunting.

This was actually brought up a couple days ago. It's a great idea for non bank CRH

I think it was CoinCrazed that would hunt the vending machines by feeding bills and getting change in return.

Just a warning, that doesn't work on all machines.. it will either give your dollar back or force you to vend something. It would be better to feed it a dime or a nickel and hit return.

I filled Pepsi machines for a living, and I would think that's a waste of time. I see the changers of 100-120 machines a week and I've never found a silver quarter, a silver dime every other week, and a war nickel about once a week.

PhattyB said:
Just a warning, that doesn't work on all machines.. it will either give your dollar back or force you to vend something. It would be better to feed it a dime or a nickel and hit return.

I filled Pepsi machines for a living, and I would think that's a waste of time. I see the changers of 100-120 machines a week and I've never found a silver quarter, a silver dime every other week, and a war nickel about once a week.

I second that. I do it just for fun. Usually you can get away with it as long as you don't put the full amount for vending in it.

Example, a drink is $1.50. Put in < $1.50, you can get the money back. More than $1.50, you have to vend something. I haven't gotten any silver from a vending machine. I have gotten several really nice looking quarters for my quarter books, and 1 clad 2004-S proof dime. That's all though.

Every now and then i will go to one of those self service car washes at like 11pm and clean out all the machines of quarters,

kevinbomb123 said:
Every now and then i will go to one of those self service car washes at like 11pm and clean out all the machines of quarters,

Ever find any silver or proofs?

I would think the odds would be just as good as anything else. Just a small sample size is all....

I've done that once at a soda machine located at the park where lots of 10-13 year old kids "play" or whatever you want to call it. Bought a soda, then did my work. Probably stuck through close to $55 through it resulting in a clad proof state quarter, but nothing else. (at about 6 AM)

The first silver coin I ever found was at the car wash on my old road. I used to get quarters there for the coin op laundry in my apartment. I searched every hand full for about two years until I finally found a silver quarter. That was the beginning of an addiction. - Jonathan

i've had some good luck finding silver in vending machines, i've found 2-3 silver dimes, a silver quarter, and a war nickel in the past 6 years
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back