Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Rare 16th Century Spoon Mold Find!

Took the day off and went MDing.Had found a new site and wanted to hit it.So I Did.Came up with some first for me.And some I don't even know what they are.All needs a better cleaning just done a quick soap and water deal.Here they are till I get them cleaned better. :hello:
Enjoy,
Timekiller!

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6,731
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 6,750
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 6,676
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 6,640
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6,664
  • 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 6,653
  • 000_0011.jpg
    000_0011.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6,435
  • 000_0010.jpg
    000_0010.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6,503
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 6,551
  • 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 6,557
  • 000_0007.jpg
    000_0007.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 6,582
  • 000_0012.jpg
    000_0012.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6,464
Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: A Rare 16th Century Spoon Mold Find!

Congrat's on the much deserved Banner. :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Congrats on making the banner. It was well-deserved, Pete! :notworthy:

Also, thank you to johnnyi for staying as peristent as Pete has been with this find; you, sir, have been a great addition to this forum, and I'm not the only one thinking that. You're a wealth of information and I look forward to your future ID assistance and, of course, your killer digs made on the Colonial frontier. :notworthy:

Pete, what more can I say about you? :notworthy: You're amazing, buddy, and that is an understatement! :notworthy:

Kyle

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's great to see this make it up top. :thumbsup:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Congratulations for making the banner my man. That spoon mold is unbelievable. A relic find to end all relic finds. CKK would love to find any of your items in this post. :thumbsup:
Chris

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:headbang:

Weldone Pete :thumbsup: took a bit of persuading but it got there in the end :laughing7:

SS

Attachments

• fitzsimmons.jpg
    fitzsimmons.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 618

half-serious

Greenie
Apr 1, 2009
MS
Detector(s) used
Silver uMax, Ace 250

My congrats also timekiller on the banner.

This is actually my first post on the forum. I registered and have been 'lurking' for some months, reading with great interest all the finds being made, especially those of great historical import and implications.

All of the reading and research this sets me off to doing, I hope will keep my aging brain cells active enough to ward off dementia! I'm recently retired and have not detected since the mid-70s when I used a Garrett BFO and a Master Hunter TR.
35 years later I'm trying to get back at it. A couple of surgeries have slowed my beginnings, but I am determined to do it.

I got so frustrated reading everyone else's frustrations about the non-banner, that I decided yesterday I would write the site owner. I was sure someone else already had but figured I would worry him too.

Copied below are our emails is my email for your perusal.

I do not have an inkling that my email made any particular difference but it did go BANNER a short while after I wrote. My main point is this will likely happen again so perhaps after a reasonable time all involved could agree for some appointee (no need to flood the guy) to write [email protected] and request him to investigate.

-----------------------------------------------------------

to [email protected]
date Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM
subject Forum Question

Sorry to bother you but I read the forum several times everyday and watch with interest for the rare finds that turn up.

I applaud each one that is found worthy of making the banner. With regard to that, I wonder why it is that a rarity of the level of the spoon mold posted on Oct. 28 by 'timekiller' still has not been 'officially' recognized.

This thread is one of the longest running I have seen in some time and the majority of the posts seem to center around why this hasn't made the banner.

People have voted and voted, but no banner.......in the meantime some less important finds have been posted and made it in almost no time.

I even see people posting in other threads that they are voting banner on the subject of that thread, but don't know if it will do any good. That reflects back on the spoon mold thread.

May I simply ask, 'what's the deal'? and request, along with the hundreds of folks chanting BANNER, please recognize this historic rarity.

Sincerely,
Brent Parks

[EDITED - removed the webmaster response to my email which (thanks to SS) I found out was in violation of the rules -- "You may not... Post PM's (TreasureNet personal messages), email messages, or any other form of correspondence from other people that were intended or assumed to be solely for you. "]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh,
and HH to all........

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to T.Net :hello:

SS

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

half-serious said:

This is actually my first post on the forum. I registered and have been 'lurking' for some months, reading with great interest all the finds being made, especially those of great historical import and implications.

All of the reading and research this sets me off to doing, I hope will keep my aging brain cells active enough to ward off dementia! I'm recently retired and have not detected since the mid-70s when I used a Garrett BFO and a Master Hunter TR.
35 years later I'm trying to get back at it. A couple of surgeries have slowed my beginnings, but I am determined to do it.

I got so frustrated reading everyone else's frustrations about the non-banner, that I decided yesterday I would write the site owner. I was sure someone else already had but figured I would worry him too.

I do not have an inkling that my email made any particular difference but it did go BANNER a short while after I wrote. My main point is this will likely happen again so perhaps after a reasonable time all involved could agree for some appointee (no need to flood the guy) to write [email protected] and request him to investigate.

to [email protected]
subject Forum Question

Sorry to bother you but I read the forum several times everyday and watch with interest for the rare finds that turn up.

I applaud each one that is found worthy of making the banner. With regard to that, I wonder why it is that a rarity of the level of the spoon mold posted on Oct. 28 by 'timekiller' still has not been 'officially' recognized.

This thread is one of the longest running I have seen in some time and the majority of the posts seem to center around why this hasn't made the banner.

People have voted and voted, but no banner.......in the meantime some less important finds have been posted and made it in almost no time.

I even see people posting in other threads that they are voting banner on the subject of that thread, but don't know if it will do any good. That reflects back on the spoon mold thread.

May I simply ask, 'what's the deal'? and request, along with the hundreds of folks chanting BANNER, please recognize this historic rarity.

Sincerely,
Brent Parks

[EDITED - removed the webmaster response to my email which (thanks to SS) I found out was in violation of the rules -- "You may not... Post PM's (TreasureNet personal messages), email messages, or any other form of correspondence from other people that were intended or assumed to be solely for you. "]

Oh,
and HH to all........
Sounds like you just may have been the fly in the Ointment :laughing9: :laughing9: Thanks for your concerns! :thumbsup: But somthing even better is that your on here now so we will be looking for some GOOD FINDS COMING FROM YOU buddy! :headbang: :notworthy: Sorry to hear about the surgery deal. Hope you the best on that. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Yea I was a small fellow back in the mid 70's maybe going with my dad down the creek looking for Indian stuff but no thought's of MD'ING back then.Many years later and look what happened to me. :laughing9: Got the bug BAD!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang:
Take Care,
TK, (Pete)

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
:headbang:

Weldone Pete :thumbsup: took a bit of persuading but it got there in the end :laughing7:

SS
SS, you must have a stock pile of these pics.! :thumbsup: Got me again Buddy! :laughing9: :notworthy:
Best to you and the Family! :hello:

half-serious

Greenie
Apr 1, 2009
MS
Detector(s) used
Silver uMax, Ace 250

Thanks Pete and SS for the welcome!

Pete, if my email did anything I'm tickled some shades of pink!

H-S

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

half-serious said:

to [email protected]
subject Forum Question

Sincerely,
Brent Parks

Oh,
and HH to all........

Welcome to Tnet (Officially), & you have good taste :icon_thumright:

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac

Pete, what can I say? I've been without internet for 4 days, and I come back to find this exactly where it should be!

Congratulations on finding one of the coolest relics I've seen yet. It may look plain, it may act plain, but it speaks volumes as to the extent of use our ancestors had to get when they were first starting out in this new land.

Bravo Sir, I Salute You! :icon_salut:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jrsherman said:
Pete, what can I say? I've been without internet for 4 days, and I come back to find this exactly where it should be!

Congratulations on finding one of the coolest relics I've seen yet. It may look plain, it may act plain, but it speaks volumes as to the extent of use our ancestors had to get when they were first starting out in this new land.

Bravo Sir, I Salute You! :icon_salut:
Thanks buddy for the kind words, yea it's beauty is for certian people but it makes my hair stand on ends sometimes to hold it. (a detecting booster shot of sorts) :laughing9:
TK, :hello:

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Awsome finds, I was stationed at Cherrypoint up until New Years eve 2006. I had always wanted to gain permission to hunt Moorehead around the hospital but never got it. Glad your finding the goods. HH.....Bill

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WeaponsUSMC said:
Awsome finds, I was stationed at Cherrypoint up until New Years eve 2006. I had always wanted to gain permission to hunt Moorehead around the hospital but never got it. Glad your finding the goods. HH.....Bill
Thanks Bill,and even more thanks for your service :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Yea my wife works at the hospital here! :thumbsup: But my hunts are far from it buddy! I know it would be a good place to look for some Civil War relics as they were supposed to have camped there.But I've never tried Hummmmmm! Ideas! :laughing9: Yea we aren't far from it a good through away! :thumbsup:
My Dad worked at Cherrypoint as a supervisor for NADAP for 40yrs. But he retired 4or5 yrs ago now! Mabe you all saw each other who knows. :thumbsup: Anyway Thanks for your time spent for the Country! TOP NOTCH!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
Pete, :hello:

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

It was an honor to serve our country, would do it again in a heartbeat. I was told that there was a huge Confederate camp (quit a few morehead city blocks long) around where the hospital sits. My hunting area was west of New Bern, near Clarks (lived on 90 acre's there, both Confederate and Union camp), I should be getting back down that way come Christmas timeframe to drop off my children at there mothers house in Wilmington, hope to get a few days of digging in.

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350

wow some incredible finds some spot you have there hh and good luck

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Pete the Colonial Maniac in NC,

You are the diggity dog when it comes to Colonial. :headbang: I hope you dig a Roman spoon next at this site. You are the diggity dog! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2

Sweet photo's :o, You did a great jobs on these photo's.
WTG on your finds , keep them coming :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread