Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend Jean drove up from Dixie Land and we went to one of my Civil War spots not far from where I live. The site was discovered almost 4 years ago and has been gone over by quite a few of us. It's a BIG place, so I can safely say there are parts of it that a machine has never been on. And one thing I do not do, deliberately is go there by myself and TRY to hunt it out as I really want to be able to find find stuff here five years from now. So yesterday we braved the site roadside, aluminum hell and the briars and brambles and were not disappointed. I hear this squeal and Jean has scored her first Civil War plate, an eagle breastplate. Here she is with her first ever minie ball. IMG_0271.jpg

We hunted for about 5 and a half hours then collapsed. I got my fair share of aluminum and new bullets and next to a pile of trash concrete on the side of the road got a good, deep signal. When I got down to it (about 9"") I had Jean come over to enjoy the "reveal" as I had caught a slight glimpse of big brass.

We got the last half inch off of a Georgia Frame buckle! This is my second one in 40 plus years of detecting. The other one was from Brandy Station, Virginia a few years ago.

Here is a pic of MOST of my finds from yesterday. Time to go dig. DSCN0146.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 32

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You spread out that site very well, many it appears were blessed. you are an awesome woman! Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread