A RELIC HUNT WITH HF COILS IN A HIGH EMI AREA USING 54KH AND 74 KH

Last edited:
Word (just wanted to get in the last word because I know that irks you).:occasion14:

Last edited:
The CTX I had was very quite and I loved that part of it, the thing was it was heavy and for relics it had no advantages over the deus performance wise to justify the weight IMO . It didn't do well at that site and the site was unhuntable with lf coils on the deus. There is some kind of plant near by that site and its the worst emi I have ever seen. I will admit the ctx handles emi better than the deus from what I could tell when I had mine but I don't have to deal with severe emi much in the woods. The comment about the CTX was not to bash it but was about this specific site and how it render detectors pretty much useless ...I don't know why 74 kh works THERE so well but it did and yes I seen other places where the higher freqs made it worse. I see where vfeffari is coming from and about how its site specific.....

vfeffari and I had a off air discussion and buried the hatchet, But in the discussion back and forth I thought of this Video. First 7 seconds.. I hope you guys can see the humor

He buried the hatchet with vfeffari but not with me. Don't let him fool you! AND...I apologize to no one! Lol.

Yes we had a little public tiff, but worked it out. Unfortunately, if you find a way to communicate with each other, then the Tnet spell overcomes you and your misunderstanding disappears. It's one of the more annoying things about the Tnet terms of service. This only doesn't work when you find someone who is not willing to communicate with you like a normal person should be able to. That is called the Neanderthal Syndrome and if you should come across it, avoid it at all costs.

guessing.jpg

Here's the real truth.

It all depends on the temperature. The lower temperatures cause more EMI so that is why the HF coils are doing so well now.

So all of us LF coil guys just need to wait a bit we will be able to hunt again.

Personally it's too cold for me and I am in Texas. I am not sure how you guys up north even get out of the house in this weather. This is one of those times it's really nice to be retired. Just saying.

I didn't buy my Deus because I thought it would be quite.
On the contrary, I bought it for what it would tell me what was in the ground !

The problem with detector is if it tells you too much because of noise you can miss goodies. If a machine only communicates targets you have a serious advantage over the next machine..

And like Calabash pointed out he couldn't hunt with certain machines because they made too much noise. So a good quiet machine is a good thing

CTX is king!

I couldn't help myself, still giddy from my minor eye surgery joy juice. Should be able to see all those noisy Deus relics better now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back