OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not surprised they collapsed H8 with pulling that caisson back up and down... Still it is not like they were getting anything useful out of it.. They certainly have no evidence of "Chapels vault". A massive sink hole must be on the cards as there are some pretty big cavities they have found underground. All the dirt is loose and soaked in water..

They certainly are checking every box in eliminating what can be checked.. I love the Tech they have. The ocean bottom search stuff is pretty cool.

There must be a reason for the ice hole effect as it is a photographed effect. So would not be surprised to find some natural vent on the bottom where the ice holes happen. But there is no way did someone build a tunnel up into under the water. This area has always been under water. I do not think it would even be doable now.

When they were checking H8 spoils one guy commented that the wood they were finding at that depth was modern tooled. That says it all really doesn't it.

So the concrete is modern searcher. Shows how undocumented much of the search history is.

Be good to see the dye test repeated properly...

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I am not surprised they collapsed H8 with pulling that caisson back up and down... Still it is not like they were getting anything useful out of it.. They certainly have no evidence of "Chapels vault". A massive sink hole must be on the cards as there are some pretty big cavities they have found underground. All the dirt is loose and soaked in water..

They certainly are checking every box in eliminating what can be checked.. I love the Tech they have. The ocean bottom search stuff is pretty cool.

There must be a reason for the ice hole effect as it is a photographed effect. So would not be surprised to find some natural vent on the bottom where the ice holes happen. But there is no way did someone build a tunnel up into under the water. This area has always been under water. I do not think it would even be doable now.

When they were checking H8 spoils one guy commented that the wood they were finding at that depth was modern tooled. That says it all really doesn't it.

So the concrete is modern searcher. Shows how undocumented much of the search history is.

Be good to see the dye test repeated properly...
Could be natural upwelling in warmer current water hitting natural seabed shoals. Usually not repeated as seabed shifts, currents and temps change, and thickness of sea ice changes. For it all to happen all the right factors have to be in the right place at the right time for someone to even notice them.

And won't this be the second dye test that they've been done on the show?

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this place where the holes in the ice were, being that it was so far off shore it's likely it was always under water, especially in the last several hundred years ? Are they saying something was constructed there under water ?

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is a sink hole. Not in the normal sense caused by an underground stream.

That caisson was drilled into an area where the soil is disturbed and full of pockets that can settle. It is not original compacted earth, then they pull water out of the ground and let it run back down next to the caisson. No wonder the soil level has dropped some next to the caisson. Lets see 1) stop running water down next to the caisson 2) put some dirt back in and 3) compress it. They have in excess of 100 feet between the top and where they are removing dirt and timbers.

Of course I am no construction expert but it seems like a trivial problem for a construction company to solve. Is this a made up problem???? Like a mechanic saying help my car won't start. Geeze.

Joe.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's correct - the last one was very inconclusive, as in they didn't see a dye bloom out on shore anywhere. As I recall, water from at least one of the water holes wasn't salty as seawater.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one they tried was in 10X and they simply tipped the dye in from the top. There was a good chance the dye never even made it to the cavity at the bottom of 10X. In later episodes they found the entrance to the smaller hole at the bottom of 10x blocked with rubbish and had to clean it out before they were able to get a diver down to the bottom..

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is interesting they are pulling out modern tooled wood (Post pit being discovered) from the 150 foot level. It must mean either some earlier search effort managed to dig a shaft to 150 foot without being flooded (very lucky it seems) or maybe the bones were from when they did get flooded and drowned..

Or

All they are finding is wood/rubbish from a higher level that has fallen down to that level from one of the other hundreds of holes that have been dug in the area..

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If someone could see the future well enough to know that a certain number of folks must die, then how come they didn't state what the treasure even was?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse Of Oak Island...Talk About A Lopsided Teeter-totter!

February 26th, Tuesday cable ratings: ‘Curse of Oak Island’ rises!

CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,3090.8
DISCLAIMER!

New Members...Reading this thread

Do not be confused with the 1, 2, 3, and maybe 4 Naysayers posting here...Their Comments Do Not Represent The Views.... of the Several Million Viewers each week who are tuned into The Curse of Oak Island.

Talk about a Lopsided Teeter-totter!

Teeter-totter.jpg

Think of Pesky Mosquitoes...Swarming...to disrupt your Pick nick.

Just Ignore them or Swat them and continue... Enjoying the Show!

Mosquito.jpg

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe they said at least 42 documented searcher tunnels have been dug over the last 200 years.
So, with all the excellent documentation, the MP are should look like Swiss cheese then.
Actually with more shafts, tunnels, pilot holes and then Dunfields crater we are lucky the island is still there.

I think if they didn't move the crane at night.... the whole thing would have fell in. LOL yea right.
If you watch the construction crew, they were either barley fazed or not very well trained in acting.... not like the Lag bros.

I thought they were gonna get the 7th one to die when Rick strapped on the saftey harness and went over to check out the sink hole.... could have been a great cliff hanger!!! Hey Marty! Push him in! Lets get this over with! LOL :occasion14:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they said at least 42 documented searcher tunnels have been dug over the last 200 years.
So, with all the excellent documentation, the MP are should look like Swiss cheese then.
Actually with more shafts, tunnels, pilot holes and then Dunfields crater we are lucky the island is still there.

I think if they didn't move the crane at night.... the whole thing would have fell in. LOL yea right.
If you watch the construction crew, they were either barley fazed or not very well trained in acting.... not like the Lag bros.

I thought they were gonna get the 7th one to die when Rick strapped on the saftey harness and went over to check out the sink hole.... could have been a great cliff hanger!!! Hey Marty! Push him in! Lets get this over with! LOL :occasion14:

A show crew member died a couple of years ago.....and yet no TREASURE door magically opened and exposed the treasure....

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I saw they found a relic/artifact in an already dug once hole. After digging over 10,000 holes I know what one looks like. This week they seemed to have found something in a hole filled with water. This is much easier than digging a hole to hide it. Maybe they should hire a professional hole digger to make the finds look authentic. Although I have found many things in large mud puddles. Others seldom go into them to search. You know steep hillsides, under thorn bushes, sides of streams, and out on rock ledges. If it is difficult, then search there. Easy rule of thumb that works.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Like Tom verified, the hols isn't deep enough. :)

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the preview for tonight's show and those guys are in a muddy pit digging in the water and mud but they have on perfectly clean white shirts. Whats wrong with this commercial. I need to look at the shoes too and check how much mud is on them. Someone must have thrown a relic in the puddle for the detector man and didn't even splash him. No sweat either. That is what I like metal detecting where you don't sweat or get dirty. The mystery of Oak Island. Joe.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found tonight's show interesting - some scientific analysis results. They bring in a vibrator to fix H8. And Gary finds a non-ferrous booket in Smith's cove. So that would imply copper or bronze?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main thing that stuck me about tonight's episode (15) was how Marty was unable to hide his scepticism about the flood tunnel. He basically said he believed the water in the money pit area was form natural sources and would have to be convinced with evidence to believe in man made flood tunnels. I always new Marty was a skeptic but on this episode that was on clear display.

The dye test was far from convincing. They were pumping thousands of gallons of water into they caisson of C1 and a tiny stream of water was coming out in Smiths Cove... So where was the rest of the water going? If there was no natural connection to the ocean then water should of been pouring out of Smiths Cove or the caisson should of filled up. Even accepting that their reading showed traces of dye in the water in Smiths Cove this is far from showing that flood tunnels exist. There is no reason that the natural cavities do not also connect to Smiths Cove. The episode seems cut short in that we were not shown if dye eventually came out elsewhere. maybe next episode.

The scanning of the ocean bottom around OI to me showed they found zero evidence of any man made activity anywhere. Two possible vents (most likely natural) would explain the ice holes. One bit of "rubbish" that is possibly man made. But nothing else. No evidence of human activity at all.

Overall once again they have shown that Smiths Cove is not the main source of the water in the money pit area and there is no evidence of man made activity elsewhere to explain the water.

I am finding the whole thing getting bit tedious they are stretching out their lack of finding anything into an exceptionally large time.

So far this season they have found. 1. A lot of rotten wood 2. An old bucket 3. an old nail 4. Previously discovered searchers efforts in Smiths Cove 5. A rock they think may be the 90 foot stone with no evidence of a code 6. a possible link between the money pit area and smith cove that was previously discovered by other searchers. ( I am not counting the old broach and gigging spear point as they obviously are modern rubbish)

This makes up there 15 hours of TV so far.

If I were not fascinated by the 200+ years story I think I would give up on the show. It appears Marty already has....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions