A surprise on December 28th

phillipofnc

Dec 20, 2003
As I was digging a solid dime beep, I thought I knew exactly what I was digging. As I scooped the first plug out I dumped the dirt and decided to finished pulling the loose dirt from the hole. That is when I pulled out a 3-4 inch surprise, a red belly water moccosin. Oh yeah, the dime was in there too. A little strange to find a snake in December at three inches deep and he was very active too. Now he is dead though. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
4 places for a snake BELTS, BILLFOLDS, BOOTS ,AND HAT BANDS ,get over it its the circle of life its a damned snake not a f- - -in spotted owl that puts hard working men out of work because only one is living in 400 acres of trees one left put it in the zoo so they can keep a eye on it nuff said i belive cabin fever is setting in early this year get naked hop in the snow come back in and get dressed and take a nap s- it

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
bigwater said:
creeper71 said:
a copperhead may come back at you but that is rare
I think you got copperhead and cottonmouth mixed up. You'll scare a copperhead more than he'll scare you. They do everything that they can do to avoid human interaction. They are so scared of you they just freeze to avoid being seen. About the only way you can get bitten by a copperhead is to step on one because you didn't see him in the first place. I've seen copperheads laid out on trails before with people walking by completely oblivious to the snake, and the snake just laying low hoping not to be seen.

A cottonmouth on the other hand is more agressive, and will chase your butt down and bite you if you invade it's territory.
no I was chased by a copperhead once, I don't have cottonmouths where I live so I can't say either way for them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread