A tale of gold!

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
Saturday before I went detecting, I had some honey do's to complete, one of which was to trim down a lilac bush in our lot next to our house, it was getting lots of dead stuff in it, and as you folks that have lilacs know, you can't kill them with a tactical nuke. That accomplished, I went detecting and found my first silver half. Last night the wife was out watering her flowers, and I said come on over here and check out the lilac bush that I cut down to the ground. She comes over and is looking at the stump & junk pile, and kicks her foot in the dead stuff that piles up underneath and we both see the glint of gold. I ask her, did you drop your wedding band, and she shows me her hand where it's safely in place, and she picks it up. It's a huge, honkin' 14K band, a little bigger & heavier than the one I wear, and fits like it was made for me. No detecting at all! Unbelievable, this is the same lot that I got my oldest find out of, an 1899 IH penny.

So I go grab the detector to see what other treasures I might have missed. Nothing more in the lot last night except trash, so I wander into my front yard which I've never done. I get a good hit under our tree, and pull out a 1959 Rosie! There's a couple of more hits there, but it was getting to dark to see anything, so I call it a night. Guess where I'm going now!

I guess treasure is where you find it, either through detecting or scuffing your feet, she was amazed at the condition of the ring, and like I told her, gold comes out pretty much as nice as it goes in. Our first gold find, and it's because of a size 10 not my White's.

Keep 'em swinging compadres!

Upvote 0

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
I've found quite a few things with my "shoe detector"
Never a gold ring though!

toolman61

May 31, 2008
You might want to chop down the rest of the trees bushes etc etc, lol nice find guess you better let the wife go detecting with you sounds like she has the lucky foot.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yeah, I think I'd be hitting your own yard and the adjoining one pretty hard. Congrats on a very cool find and Happy Hunting! :thumbsup:

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions