OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take out the hose parts to the right, rearrange everything on a plane non-distracting background, crop in a bit and if you have some junk jewelry and coins, throw them in. I'm no expert but presentation makes a difference...a neutral back ground wont make your items pop out...junk or otherwise. A little pop helps.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes, use more light with whatever you are taking the pictures with(using a tripod/stabilizing device of some kind)...for clarity and detail.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright guys, thanks a lot for your replies. I didn't realize how bad the picture was until I uploaded it and looked at it here. :laughing7: Good idea on the junk jewelry/coins. I'll go back through the lot when I get time, take a better picture, and some junk jewelry or coins, and then you guys can see if it looks better. Thanks!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow guess my old school stuff got a name & moved to EBay. Used to have a source for hardware screws nuts & bolts etc. I mean pounds! I would bag it up in one 1/2 pound bags & sell it at the swap meet for $5 a bag. The trick was balancing the stuff so there wasn't quite enough of one thing in a bag so they would want to buy two or three. Used to get blems from a plater too marine hardware couldn't get enough! Got me thinking now up the price to $20 a bag & hit EBay. Or open a hardware store.

Lessee..... I could call my store..... Spaced Hardware!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1228141927.jpg 1228141929.jpg 1228141929a.jpg 1228141929b.jpg 1228141931.jpg

What do you guys think about this? The coins are common wheat pennies, 1965-67 dimes, and a bicentennial nickel.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now here is a junk drawer lot that shouldn't be too hard to put together by hitting 40 yardsales a week.

Huge Old Vintage Estate Junk Drawer Lot Coins Military Jewelry Knives Watches | eBay

started at 75¢ and is now up to $463 with 5 hours to go.

look at their sold screen for junk drawer lots
$810
$695
$710 (jewelry, I could put this together right now)
$760
$102 (92 indian head cents, I could do that too right now)

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are people seeing in that lot? Looks like a bunch of foreign coins, patches, buttons, and keychains to me. Good idea!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Now here is a junk drawer lot that shouldn't be too hard to put together by hitting 40 yardsales a week.

Huge Old Vintage Estate Junk Drawer Lot Coins Military Jewelry Knives Watches | eBay

Look at their feedback number. I think that people with very high feedback have more people following them, or at least looking at their auctions (maybe the algorithm moves them to the top?), which is why they get more bidders. I am a drop over 600, and I still don't get a lot of bids, even when I start at $0.99. Which is why I just started listing at the least amount I would be willing to take and still be happy.
I have a ton of tie tacks. I've been tossing the key chains and buttons into a bag to do a big lot when I gather enough.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at their feedback number. I think that people with very high feedback have more people following them, or at least looking at their auctions (maybe the algorithm moves them to the top?), which is why they get more bidders. I am a drop over 600, and I still don't get a lot of bids, even when I start at $0.99. Which is why I just started listing at the least amount I would be willing to take and still be happy.
I have a ton of tie tacks. I've been tossing the key chains and buttons into a bag to do a big lot when I gather enough.

I bought a 5 gallon bucket full of random keychains from an auction and turned a nice profit off of it. I also have noticed that about the feedback. It is kind of annoying.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bassmaster96, it's an improvement. However, again I'd take the hose fittings and that pipe fragment out....and anything else that is 'too miscellaneous' looking. But most of what you have could make a decent lot, you just have to arrange everything as though they were in your personal collection...you want everyone to see and know what you are showing off. Also, either figure out if your camera can take better quality pictures or borrow or buy a camera with more megapixels. People won't be as interested in what they can't identify with little question, especially coins. The lighting is much better, just move it a little closer...to get rid of the gloomy shadows. Maybe it seems like a lot of work, but you want to sell this thing. Really examine and study how others are doing it...what makes theirs interesting and enticing?? I think with junk lots, how they are put together is an art in itself.

hallsgator

Greenie
Dec 31, 2014
East TN
Primary Interest:
Other
this thread has inspired to try one of my own. Got a bunch of costume jewelry, coins, stamps and paper money that isn't worth much on it's own, so this might be a good way to clear it out. Threw in a small sterling pieces, gold plated chain, and a 10% silver peso to spice it up. We'll see.

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold maybe four of these lots not too long ago. One of them had a 14 K gold nib in it from an ink pen. That lot cleared $100. I may need to do some more to clear out some of this junk in my drawers...

Wow, bad!! Sorry, my daughter was up until 430 last night and I was with her then she threw up all over me! Happy new year!!

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that Beachkid23, not sure what parts you are in, but there are two viral monsters lurking around this country...a stomach bug and Influenza A. Seems like everywhere you hear people just knocked out by it. Icky stuff. Hope the kid feels better by now.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread