A Word On Ebay Junk Drawer Lots

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this junk drawer lot talk. I'm going to do one too. I'm looking for more stuff to put in it but as of right now this is what I got. Actually none of it's junk and it should do pretty well I think. I still feel like selling all separately. I have another one I'm going to do it's all vintage electronics from like 1980s old cell phones and computers controllers and stuff and see what else I can find laying around here. But I really need to clear some stuff out so here it will be a lot 1.

image-3794545036.jpg

image-1307591363.jpg

image-1460157928.jpg

image-2339336366.jpg

image-180720894.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I see how that works, I really like the scrimshaw whale tooth, so now all I got to do is swallow the bait. Be interesting to see what that goes for.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Junk drawer? WTF is that? It is properly known as the 'useless drawer' because that is where they keep all the useless stuff :D

In the early days of my experiment with having inlaws, I was frequently sent to go fetch some thing or another and they had no name for the place but knew the directions - something like: third drawer down on the left next to the sink...

I came back with - oh! the useless drawer, why didn't you just say so?

Eventually they caught on :D

qwichurbichen

Jun 6, 2023
Hello,

Just rambling. I'm good at it.

This particular installment is my reaction to those junk drawer lots you see on ebay. Why do I want to buy nearly every single one of them? I know quite well two things at this point:

A. I don't need any more stuff
B. I don't need any more stuff

Why do I feel like I need to blow a few hundred dollars on them? There is something about collecting 'things', specifically, but something else apparently about collecting 'collections' of things. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Maybe I should have been a junk store owner.

End of ramble.
I love jdls, o used to be able to buy them like crazy, I'd get 4 or 5 pkgs a day in the mail, then fell on hard times n its been awhile, now I'm jonesing to get one, I have so. Much junk now n I also live putting them together to sell as well. They are my favorite category.

qwichurbichen

Jun 6, 2023
Junk drawer? WTF is that? It is properly known as the 'useless drawer' because that is where they keep all the useless stuff :D

In the early days of my experiment with having inlaws, I was frequently sent to go fetch some thing or another and they had no name for the place but knew the directions - something like: third drawer down on the left next to the sink...

I came back with - oh! the useless drawer, why didn't you just say so?

Eventually they caught on :D
Junk Drawer lots are just a bunch of random items put together, some of it is truly junk n some of the items are real finds, I've bought several for $20-$40, and got pcs I sold for $100 or more. You find cool things u never even knew existed.

Catweazle

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
Australia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For example, I recently saw a bundle of crappy pens listed in a local auction here.
However, one of the pens was a Mont Blanc pen which retail for several hundred dollars.
So yeah, there are finds here or there. It can also be interesting to look into the research of these weird and wacky objects too. It's like a part of history.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy to see this thread is still getting attention since I first posted it lol...in 2015!! I still like junk drawer lots, though. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Junk Drawer lots are just a bunch of random items put together, some of it is truly junk n some of the items are real finds, I've bought several for $20-$40, and got pcs I sold for $100 or more. You find cool things u never even knew existed.
An antique store around the corner will throw random things in a carboard beverage flat and put it on a rack(with several other like boxes). They'll price the items at $1 each or a few items for $1...just depends on what they are. But I can usually get them to sell me the whole box for under $20...using my, 'Hey...how long has this been here and what's your 'get rid of it' price?' tactic. I mentioned Ebay junk lots to them but they were uninterested in pursuing that route for selling. That's fine because I can avoid the shipping lol.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For example, I recently saw a bundle of crappy pens listed in a local auction here.
However, one of the pens was a Mont Blanc pen which retail for several hundred dollars.
So yeah, there are finds here or there. It can also be interesting to look into the research of these weird and wacky objects too. It's like a part of history.
I agree. You never know what you'll find. It's worth looking for those little gems people overlook. I also just like the act of gathering and sorting a mess...and I'm sort of a compulsive categorizer/organizer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread