AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame I'll miss you - I'm heading up thru the islands on business, ending up in Nassau.

good luck!!
'
how did you here about the Cartier?? hope that works out for you!

OP
OP
J.O.A.T

J.O.A.T

Feb 23, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends watched her jump off boat and started to cry. Story goes they looked and couldn't find it. Hard to believe they couldn't find with that viz. But it just the story to get the juices flowing. Have you had any luck using side scan around the BVI's

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whats side scan?? :dontknow:

OP
OP
J.O.A.T

J.O.A.T

Feb 23, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like you am new to the whole concept of treasure hunting. So I started buying gear. One of the items I bought was some side scan sonar. It gives a very detailed picture and video of items located under the water for visual inspections. Basically I can scan miles of the ocean floor looking for structures worth checking out and then upload the images to overlay with topos on waterways. I have a couple of sites in Central Florida where some downed WWII fighter planes are suppose to be located. This unit can get images up to 200 ft in water depth. Supposedly. I didn't read about your banner find until after I posted the question. Way to go newbie. Check out Lowrance side scan sonar. The price is better than some the professionals use.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like you am new to the whole concept of treasure hunting. So I started buying gear. One of the items I bought was some side scan sonar. It gives a very detailed picture and video of items located under the water for visual inspections. Basically I can scan miles of the ocean floor looking for structures worth checking out and then upload the images to overlay with topos on waterways. I have a couple of sites in Central Florida where some downed WWII fighter planes are suppose to be located. This unit can get images up to 200 ft in water depth. Supposedly. I didn't read about your banner find until after I posted the question. Way to go newbie. Check out Lowrance side scan sonar. The price is better than some the professionals use.

I'll buy one when I sell my treasure!!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J.O.A.T

J.O.A.T

Feb 23, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive still been following your other thread. That would be a fascinating story. Good luck with your open water dive. I've been diving for a long time. The two sports seem to compliment each other. I was suppose to be on a Nat Geo show filming this summer, but just learned they are not picking it up. I am working on another about proving disproving treasure legends. Would also love to produce on on all the know hangouts of the pirate days and BVI was one of them. You should film your stuff as well. I will be doing some filming on the Abacos trip to add to the teaser. Check out the Lagoon 67 for your semi super yacht.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread