Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Trip 5

Hi all, got out to the new spot on 1N Thursday. Hit the water at 1030 and set the zook at the bottom of the pool on a little waterfall which took about 20 mins for ease of cleanouts and reset, then continued on the same crevice from last visit. I ran 2 buckets and started to get into some soft orange shale/clay at the bottom and did a check clean - saw a couple of flakes and specks speed panning. Ran 4 more buckets and the crevice opened out towards the inside of the bend and started getting deeper. Did another cleanout and had lunch (1400) spotting several more colours.After lunch I ran 3 more buckets,speed panned and just dumped straight into my cons bucket without really checking for colour. The sun was getting close to the bluff top so light getting low, classified 1 bucket ( 1/2") from the feeder creek, sluiced and panned quickly then called it quits for the day. Got back up to the car at 1645 which was in full sun whilst it was almost dark on the creek. 20170309_123745.jpg Standing on lower bench looking at feeder creek, main crk flows R to L mid bend http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c34431f2df2/20170309_123629.jpg?
Lookin u/s dig area is from bucket 3' u/s to L/h bank
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c3447373a24/20170309_123638.jpg?
Looking d/s the L/h side hides another pool at the tail of the lower bench.
Still plenty of digging here before I attack the lower and upper benches, I think I need to find or make a camping area nearby to cut travelling time(1 1/2 hrs each way) otherwise I will be here for months which increases the odds someone else finding my little sanity zone ...lol...
Heavy pans peeps

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry ... forgot the colour pics and I have no idea why the previous pics loaded differently or sideways 20170311_104104.jpg
20170311_101214.jpg
20170311_103655.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty gold! Nice job :)

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Going out for a "play" tomorrow (if the forest dept. don't lose their burn-off) will keep you informed and take pics to prove it ...lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
course looking stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Trip 6

Hit1N again on Fri. (instead of Thurs.) and did a bit of "gorilla" mining ..lol ..Basically I kept following the first 2 crevices across the crk towards the inside of the bend at the head of the pool. I ran 8 buckets of overburden from the gravel bar before my 1st cleanout resulting in a couple of flypoop. Reset the zook and ran 4 more buckets from the upper portion of the crevices and got a couple of small flakes. Next I tried running my modified hand pump with the homemade valves but it still needs work on the valve section so wasn't really suitable, ended up just pumping and dumping straight into my bucket and finished off 3 more feet of these crevices. Ended the day shovelling straight into the zook from just above where it was set (at foot of pool on a small waterfall). I still have 2-3' on the crevices to clean out before I hit the inside bank, then move down to the next crevices in the pool. My intention is to clear this first pool before working the feeder crk that enters here and the bedrock crevices up on the bank where the crk used to flow... heavy pans all 20170412_150629.jpg http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58edbe7d34691/20170412_150700.jpg?

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of more shots from Trip 6 .. I've hit the 1gm mark ... looking good for this year so far
c7a380da9259fffe59ed8a1930ea2a19.jpg
add588dda5c6d130dad0a39298db3450.jpg

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations on hitting the 1 gram mark this early in season! The gold is really chunky -one of these days you'll be posting a photo of a big old nugget. Well done...

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on hitting the 1 gram mark this early in season! The gold is really chunky -one of these days you'll be posting a photo of a big old nugget. Well done...
Thx H4G .. I'm lucky here that I can dig all year round ... and if it's cold I don my neoprene waders. Occasionally we get snow around the 600M level but the dig spot is about 350M.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea! couple of chunkies

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Trip 7

Did another 6 hr day out at 1N on Monday. The drive up on the main gravel rd was great as the forests mob had cleared the way for a regen burn in an old coup, when I hit the access trail I was presented with a new "super highway"😟 a road crew had turned the 2 wheel rutts into a 15' wide road!!! Got on the water about 1000 as it took me 1/2 hr to find the trail down (I parked too far round the bend); set up and kept working where I left off last time. Ran 3 buckets and cleaned out to check colour - 2 little pickers & some fine stuff. Reset zook, fed it 2 more buckets and whilst filling the 3rd one heard a noise - that sounded like a falling branch - so kept digging, carried bucket down to zook ...... damn it's taken a trip downstream, picked it up and half the trap had returned to nature 😭😠😭.I dumped what was left into my pan and reset, ran the awaiting bucket and checked out the pan and found another picker + fines - what was lost @#$@@/. Ran 2 more buckets thru after a break and as light was getting low ended packing up about 1500. All in all not a bad day and have since found out that a wood coup is getting cut on my trk (highway) so might have to give that spot a rest for a while will do some more investigating. Heavy pans and secure sluices all ..lol.. 20170427_084931.jpg 20170426_170352.jpg

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The money shot... best day total so far. I'm now wondering how much went back to nature, oh well - win some ... lose sum ...lol 20170427_154940.jpg

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure you've been mapping and taking notes on where you are finding larger gold vs. finer gold. Looks like you are getting onto some spots with really solid potential - good luck! I'm betting that you have some good +1grams days in this area.

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been following your posts for a while and you've definitely got it down! The gold you're finding is very chunky, I'm guessing your going to have a really good year this year! Nice job man.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chunkies!!!

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all .. I've been working my way up this crk since I started prospecting knowing that there are several old mines shedding in this valley, finally I have found a feeder crk with 2 mines on it plus it's a good sharp bend with old benches that I'm yet to sample.I have only hit 1 area that didn't produce little chunkies but this area seems to have less fines ... will keep taking you all on my journey.

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Trip 7 1/2

Hi all .. been a while since last post/trip as the kids bought me a flu home for my birthday... so for the last 3 and a bit weeks been trying to stay as warm and rested as possible. As the heading suggests I did get the chance to hit the crk (1N) today .... well that was the plan - reality was that the road into my spot was closed and its about a 5-6 Km walk in so decided to try the bottom end of this creek. This lower end was extensively dredged and the bedrock is buried deep, needless to say I only ran 6 buckets thru the zook (that was only just working) and came home with zilch... 2-3hrs in the palm of mother nature was good enough reward.
I wasn't completely lazy whilst sick ... I did build another zook (24" sniper) for a friend as payment for babysitting... she was not expecting anything and was absolutely stoked.
Heavy pans all.

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get better soon so that we can see more posts! Ok - get better soon because you a good guy and we wish you well --- but we really do enjoy your posts.

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Get better soon so that we can see more posts! Ok - get better soon because you a good guy and we wish you well --- but we really do enjoy your posts.
Thx GrizzlyGoldTrap ...I am much better and try to keep all here up to date on my trips. Will most likely range further East of home base to the next goldfield and see how I go as I need other fallback spots. Luckily I have 8 different fields within 2 1/2 hrs drive of home and no shortage of year-round flowing creeks and rivers, so plenty of exploration to do yet. It would be easier if the fields were road linked but you can't have it all ...lol
heavy pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread