ACE 250 help

Jack Burton

Greenie
Apr 30, 2005
Hey guys. I know my post count is low, but thats only because I havent found anything to post about yet. I have been hunting for 1 year and have found nothing but clad. Thats the problem with living in SoCAL, everything is cement/paved over and there is no history left within 3hrs drive.

Anyway, my question for my fellow ace 250 owners is: What setting do you guys think is best to find gold rings/jewelry. I usually am on coin mode, but switch to jewely mode every now and then. I just want some experinced answers from people here who have actually found gold/jewely with an ace 250.

Thaks guys.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
jewelry mode should work. also.......consider all metal mode. it will be noisey but it goes deeper and will give you better tone info about whats in the ground.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I usually hunt in 'jewelery' and depending on location,the 'all metal'. Even for coins, the jewelry mode is better.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I generally hunt in coin mode and have found a few pieces of jewelry. Sometimes I will switch to jewelry mode and search and area again to see if I get any missed signals.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are better off in the jewerly or all metal mode to reach deeper. Discriminating out pull tabs will lose you near 60% of the rings. You have to over lap by half and keep the coil close to the ground during the whole sweep. Use it like a grass whip and your only hunting about two foot wide right in front of you. Use as much Sensitivity as you can without the machine talking back to you when you hold it still.

Find a clean piece of yard and lay a few targets down, rings, coins, nails, small foil and pull tabs. Tune out the pull tab and then swing over a gold ring. Try a nail on top of the same ring..

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread