DIGITAL CAMERA INSTRUCTION MANUAL HELP REQUESTED

pgleba

Oct 4, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
I bought a SVP digital camera on eBay. It is 12 megapixel with 8x digital zoom. It worked great for a week. It has a year manufacturers warranty. I am expecting to receive it back any time now. I think the not working is due to a minor glitch.

The camera is made in China (what isn't)?. The problem is that the manual is very sketchy. It presumes that the buyer knows about digital cameras. This is my first one.

My questions are probably common to all digital cameras. Such as:

* In TV OUT mode, what do NTSC and PAL mean?
* Preview Mode
? What are the functions of the Delete Menu, Thumbnail Menu and Startup Menu?
*Set Up Mode
? What are the functions of the Animation Menu, Beep Menu, Frequency Menu, Format Menu, Default Menu?

This camera also takes video. How can I do that?

This all may be too much to answer in this format. If you could refer me to a book that would explain all of this I would appreciate it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all digital cameras are the same. Suggest you find the distributor and see if they can help. Monty

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty is right. I will add that is what happens when you purchase from a none store where you don't have sales help. Try the web site of the manufacturer of the camera to see if they have more instructions. Take it to a camera shop and Offer to pay for help with it. Lots of Luck.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread