Ace 250 Stock Coil vs. Sniper Coil

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Well, both optional coils are winners for this detector.

SNIPER COIL- really good for trashy ground where targets (good and bad) are close together. coils confuse the heck out of the electronics when 2 or more targets are under the coil at the same time. The sniper coil allows the coil to pick out one target at a time so that the electronics can give a decent probability of what lies under the coil. The sniper coil also works well in playgrounds. it allows you to get very close to the metal equipment, where larger coils can't. so....you get what others missed.

9 x 12 PROformance - Great for doing large areas such as soccer fields, sports fields etc. it covers more area per sweep so you can do such a large area faster. It also gets better depth because of it's larger size. It still is very sensitive to tiny objects.

Where will you do most of your hunting? Answering that should give you some direction as to what coil to purchase.

Click below for some more information on search-coils:

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
I just purchased the sniper for my Ace. It is probably the most important coil that you can own - if you hunt trashy area. Actually, theres not much ground out there that is not trashy! The target seperation between junk and the good stuff is phenominal!

Bavarianminister

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bavarianminister said:
I just purchased the sniper for my Ace. It is probably the most important coil that you can own - if you hunt trashy area. Actually, theres not much ground out there that is not trashy! The target seperation between junk and the good stuff is phenominal!

Bavarianminister
I have to agree with this...If I am hunting a playground or even a large area that is full of trash, I use the ace with the sniper...in fact, I don't ever take it off the ace...For my regular hunting I use the whites, but the ace gets almost as much hunting time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions