Additcetd to the Forum ?

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
How about it? According to my wife, I spend a lot more time here talking to you all than I do to her! I am sure that she is right. I think that this addiction is second only to actual detecting. Problem for me is that I have a lot more oportunity to yak on here than I have to get out detecting. I suppose that better weather will change that a lot for most of us. I am excited about being retired in the next few weeks, but I doubt that it will keep me off of here. I've only been active on here since Jan 16th, but I miss my FORUM FIX if I don't get on here at least once a day or evening.I feel like we all have a real kinship going on here, With the busy life styles of America today I find that this is my SOCIAL TIME, & I am an anti social kind of guy.
How say you all? Spotz

Upvote 0

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
i work a job that allows me to hunt pretty much any day the weather holds{and some days it doesn't!}and i am able to check out the forum about twice a day.it helps when you have a better half that loves the hobby as much or more than i do. i do agree that it has been great going hunting then come back and tell my new found friends about it.heres to the forum!!

bigrig

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm here almost all day right now with the weather. Only leave long enough to get a little exercise walking for a Coffee or Meal & back. I'm answering Posts here In my dreams lately ?:D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spotz, I'm in the same boat your in. I'm supposed to be working on my house, painting the kitchen, but this forum is top priority right now. I think (I know) I've put on a few pounds sitting here every night. I thought you were supposed to lose weight metal detecting....like the commercial...not put it on.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Have to get on at least once a day. Job keeps me busy 10hr./6 days. Try to get at least some chores done 1st.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Its worse than my Gambling and Sex addition! I'm on here at least twice a day! I only get to have sex and gamble once a week!

So far I have logged 2 days/8 hours/49 minutes. Doesn't seem like that much, only 56 hours.

LOL!
Robert in SC

PJB (Ohio)

Jan 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spotz said:
According to my wife, I spend a lot more time here talking to you all than I do to her!

Maybe you can invite your wife to join you on this forum and that way you can at least communicate "virtually" :D

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
I check out the forum at least once a day to see what's been found. It makes me want to get out more when I see all the good stuff everyone else has been finding. ::)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Couldn't have said it any better, Spots...
The way this boards taken off lately, if you miss a day, there's a lot of reading to do to catch back up...
Congrats on the retirement!!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Not addicted, I can quit anytime I want.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
I know Spotz I seem to be addicted to it two often reading first thing in am before work and then in the evening. Congrats on upcoming retirement. I still have almost 20 years til that time guess I can dream
hh

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go thru binges. I will be on here in force for awhile then disappear until i need my fix again. I dont think i'm as bad with the message boards as i used to be. When i first discovered M-boards about five years ago i ended up being a moderator on 7 different boards and an administrator on three of my own. Therapy has made me much better now :D

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Yep! It's an OFFICIAL ADDICTION NOW! I find myself in the den on the computer two or three time a day now. My wife commented last night that it's a good thing we have two computer stations in here. She likes complicated mind games, so she comes in here in the late evening & plays while I am on the Forum. She said just last night that at least we're in the same room at the same time. I point out interesting posts & pix to her. She gets a kick out of them.

Hey! The sun is out today. It's 14 degrees right now but it will be nice in two or three hours so I hope to get out for a while. Keep it comin! Interesting responses. Spotz

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
It's not the hobby. It's all the accessories and batteries I need. More batteries-more batteries. Bigger coil, smaller coil, better headphones, more books, more magazines. When will it end? ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm retired and when I'm not out trying out things I learn here I'm tuning in to see if I can learn even more. I really enjoy seeing and hearing about your finds and it keeps me excited about my outings. I always expect to find a gold twenty under the next plug I dig up! I also like to do research of various sites and I pick up good info as to how to go about finding out facts and details to help make my search more successful. Also there seems to be a very fine bunch of people on the forum and I enjoy the company.

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey Jimmileo! It was a beautiful day here but other things got in my way today. Dratt! I was on here this morning & my system went into malfunction. DSL modem went haywire right in the middle of a post. Caused a panic on my part, but called my ISP tech & got it fixed. Whew! Can't get along with out my fix here. Nice to hear that I won't be the only retiree out there( if this stupid deal ever closes.) Tomorrow is another day & maybe I'll get out for a while. Just to many fix it things today. Good hunting! Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread