Additcetd to the Forum ?

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
How about it? According to my wife, I spend a lot more time here talking to you all than I do to her! I am sure that she is right. I think that this addiction is second only to actual detecting. Problem for me is that I have a lot more oportunity to yak on here than I have to get out detecting. I suppose that better weather will change that a lot for most of us. I am excited about being retired in the next few weeks, but I doubt that it will keep me off of here. I've only been active on here since Jan 16th, but I miss my FORUM FIX if I don't get on here at least once a day or evening.I feel like we all have a real kinship going on here, With the busy life styles of America today I find that this is my SOCIAL TIME, & I am an anti social kind of guy.
How say you all? Spotz

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont find it a matter of addicting i look at it as "the more heads the better"!
we all give feedback,advice show what we found(bought :-X)out in the great outdoors so lets not call it an addiction lets call it "PASSION" :-[i tried it and now i find my MD freinds saying "come on wre doing you want to,just try it" ;D? dekalb33

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
(I got so hooked on this site that I am neglecting my own forum. Yes I am an administrator of a forum, scary huh. I think I will be handing over that forum to my moderator/brother-in-law because it is lust too much agrivation.

mike

whiskers

Dec 13, 2003
Silicon Valley
Re: Addicted to the Forum?

I don't come on here too often but unfortunately when I do it's just at bedtime. Looking at my "profile/show stats", I'm mostly on this forum between midnight and 3am. I don't want to be here after midnight: I want to be here about 8pm. But it never works out. I say I'll just take a peek at what's going on before hitting the sack, but you darned guys are - what's the word? - addictive. Tonight it was the Member's Pictures, and dickering whether to put mine up. I've got two in jpg, and they're about as different from each other as it's possible to imagine. And neither has to do with THing.

Anyway, Spotz, you're going to love being retired. You've probably heard that you have many more things to do after retirement than when you were working. It's true. What they don't tell you is that the things that take up the time are the things your wife wants you to do. ;)

-Jim Lyons

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spotz, after you retire you will some times wish you were working so you could get a rest! Honey Do's, I have a milliion of them. My wife made a list once and when she found out I would do them eventually, when I get around to it, she threw the list away! I had to take a forced retirement because of a near fatal back injury I received. If I had my back like it use to be I would still be working but look at all the fun I would be missing. I now have 4 grandkids and another due in June so they keep me pretty busy also. Funny how I have a lot more patience with them than I did with my own kids. Spank one of the little angels? No way! I am of the Spock school of thought now where I once thought he was a moron. Come to think of it, he's still a moron but I've just changed!

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Jimmillio! Know what you mean. We have a LOT in common. I was PUT OUT on a forced medical retirement due to severe back injury June 96.Two surgerys, still two ruptured & 7 herneated & I'm 3" shorter than I was 10 years ago. Ain't pain fun? I built the RV park in 95 so I have been in " semi retirement" since 96. RV park is not real work, just demands your time. Got some good managers running it now & they will continue for the new owners when the deal is final. I just have trouble in letting go until it belongs to someone else. Know what I mean? I go detecting & in an hour or two I think in my mind that I just have to get back to the park. I'm sure that my mind set will change soon. Got to get together this summer. Spotz

Wedding coming in June. Grandkids???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread